Unity Christian School has finalized a return to school plan for student to return to campus starting Monday, Aug. 10. The plan was developed with expert guidelines from the CDC, Georgia Department of Public Health, Georgia Association of Private and Parochial Schools, Governor Kemp’s Education Commission and others. In addition, the school further consulted with local medical professionals, other local private schools and the UCS School Board.
Key guidelines of the plan: (Click here to read entire plan)
- Every student, faculty and staff member will have a screening temperature taken prior to entering the building. No one with a temp >100.4 will be allowed on campus.
- A covering over the face & nose will be required in hallways, during transition between classes and activities, and any other administratively designated time. (Face coverings will not be required during appropriately distanced class time).
- One face covering will be provided for each student. This will be part of the uniform and required to be worn around neck at all times (the gaiter face covering is designed to be worn around the neck even when not covering the face).
- Classrooms will be set up to maximize personal distance and minimize close contact interactions among students, faculty and staff.
- Larger group instruction will be limited to 50 students at a time, with appropriate distance between individuals.
- Lunch will be in the classroom (not the cafeteria).
In addition, the school has set up an internal COVID-19 scenario response plan that will be monitored daily by it’s own COVID-19 Task Force.