Two more deaths in Bartow County, now up to 44 since early March. Total of 80 deaths now in NW Georgia. Statewide death toll now at 3,001 with five new deaths Sunday.
New cases continue to rise in Georgia: 2,525 new positives statewide up to 116,926 with 5 additional deaths on Sunday. The daily record was 4,484 cases set on July 10. In NW Georgia, another 55 new positive cases.
Hospital reports: 30 virus patients at Floyd, Redmond as of Saturday, no change from Friday. State: 2,512 now hospitalized (through Sunday).
- Floyd: 24 patients testing positive; none awaiting tests.
- Redmond Regional: 6 patients testing positive; none awaiting results.
- Statewide: 2,512, up 66 since Saturday.
Northwest Georgia had 55 positive tests on Sunday, down from 120 on Saturday. Total of 2,615 positive tests through Sunday. The county-by-county increases from Saturday to Sunday show:
- Floyd County: Up 8, from 716 to 724.
- Bartow County: 960, up 34 from 926.
- Gordon County: 8 more positive tests, from 519 to 527.
- Polk County: 4 new cases, from 319 to 323.
- Chattooga County: 1 new case, up to 81.
- Statewide: 2,525 new cases, now at 116,926.
GHC Community Watch interview with Dr. Gary Voccio, director of NWGA Public Health, on growing crisis in our area. Community Watch
The Polk County Health Department will be closed until Wednesday, July 15, because two employees have tested positive for COVID-19. All regular services, including COVID-19 testing, will resume on Wednesday.
- State deaths: 3,001, up 5 from Sunday.
- State positive cases: 116,926, up 2,525 since Saturday and 21,410 since Monday. Previous daily record: 4,484 set on July 10.
- Region: 80 deaths with 2 more in Bartow; positive tests at 2,615 — an increase of 55 since Saturday.
- Latest updates: Georgia report. / Long-term care report is here.
- Nation/world: Details at Worldometers / Johns Hopkins.
COVID-19 testing update: Free COVID-19 testing is available to all Georgians, and anyone can be tested. For safety and as a courtesy to others, please call one of the following numbers from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday to schedule a test time: 706-802-5329 / 706-802-5885 / 706-802-5886 / 706-802-5888.
- Floyd County, West Rome Baptist Church, 914 Shorter Ave NW. (Hours: M-F from 9 a.m.- 5 p.m. while supplies last.)
- Bartow County, the Clarence Brown Conference Center, 5450 GA-20, Cartersville. (Hours: M-F from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. while supplies last.)
- Polk County: The Health Department, 125 E. Ware St., Cedartown. Call 770-749-2270. (Hours: M-F 8:30 a.m.-12 p.m.)
- Gordon County: The Health Department at 310 N. River St. in Calhoun. (Hours: M-F 8:30 a.m.-12 p.m.)
- CVS has two test sites in Rome: The stores are at 1201 Turner McCall Blvd., and 1915 Maple Ave. SE.
- Deaths: 15. (per the state; the coroner’s office says 20 have died of coronavirus since March when the count started; several patients — say in nursing homes — will be “counted” in their home counties and not Floyd).
- Positive tests: 724, up 8.
- Hospitalizations: 60.
Long-term care facilities: (through July 10; increases in bold)
- Chulio Hills Health and Rehabilitation, 2 residents, 1 fatality, 0 residents recovered, 168 total resident tests, 7 staff cases.
- Evergreen Health, 1 patient, 1 patient recovered, 88 total resident tests, 2 staff cases.
- Fifth Avenue Health, 6 patients, 6 patients recovered, 107 total resident tests, 6 staff.
- Pruitt Health, Three Mile, 109 total resident tests, 2 staff cases.
- Rome Health and Rehabilitation, 25 resident cases, 20 residents recovered, 5 fatalities, 115 total resident tests, 38 staff cases.
- Seven Hills Place, 6 total resident tests, 1 staff case.
- Winthrop Court, 2 resident tests, 1 staff case.
- Winthrop Health, 1 resident, 84 total resident tests, 6 staff.
- Deaths: 44, up 2.
- Positive tests: 960, up 34.
- Hospitalizations: 164.
Long-term care facilities:
- Cartersville Center for Nursing and Healing, 38 resident cases, 3 deaths, 98 total resident tests, 18 staff.
- Fountains in Cartersville, 3 patients, 65 total resident tests, 3 patients recovered, 2 staff.
- Highlands Senior Living, 1 resident case, 1 death, 0 recovery, 26 total resident tests, 1 staff.
- Maple Ridge Health Care, 27 resident cases, 9 fatalities,18 recoveries, 64 total resident tests, 6 staff cases.
- Townsend Park Health Care, 55 resident cases, 13 fatalities, 41 recoveries, 108 total resident tests, 19 staff cases.
- Tranquility at Cartersville, 2 resident cases.
- Deaths: 18.
- Positive tests: 527, up 8.
- Hospitalizations: 45.
Long-term care facilities:
- Calhoun Health Care Center, 53 resident cases, 11 deaths, 42 recoveries, 88 total resident tests, and 16 staff cases.
- Gordon Health and Rehabilitation, 115 total resident tests, 9 staff cases.
- Deaths: 1
- Positive tests: 323, up 4.
- Hospitalizations: 18.
Long-term care facilities:
- Big Springs Place, 1 resident test, 2 staff cases.
- Cedar Springs Health and Rehab, 67 total resident tests, 1 staffer.
- Cedar Valley Nursing and Rehab Center, 92 total resident tests, 4 staffers.
- Rockmart Health: 1 resident, 38 total resident tests, 1 recovery, 1 staffer.
- Deaths: 2.
- Positive tests: 81, up 1.
- Hospitalizations: 5.
ABOUT OUR SOURCES:
Information for this page comes from Tim Herrington, Floyd County Emergency Management director; Calhoun-Gordon County task force; the Georgia Department of Public Health; and the state Department of Community Affairs.