Celebrating Independence Day 2020!
Today’s top headlines:
- NW Georgia positive test results jump by 82 in 24 hours, led by 30 alone in Floyd County (local record). State’s positive test count climbs by 2,784, down from Thursday’s record.
- Dining out with safety in mind: Try the outdoor seating at area restaurants, from Cave Spring to Armuchee to Cartersville. A quick review.
- Education: Despite pandemic, Georgia Highlands’ student groups post a big year.
- Red, white & you: Cave Spring opens the celebration with a parade at 9 a.m.; Rome at 2 p.m.; fireworks at 9:50 p.m. Can’t attend? FB Live at the fireworks.
- Keith Mickler’s Rome Grown: Some gardening tips that could lead to a little social distancing as well.
- Ware Mechanical Weather Center: A sizzler — 92 with a heat index of 99 today; watch rain, clouds tonight. Also later: A full moon and a lunar eclipse (almost).
- Obituaries: Anthony Harbin (Tony) Fricks, Linda Joan Hitchcock, Mr. Joseph C. Smith, Mr. Dewey Lee Stevens, Ms. Edna Lee Warren West.
- Dining: Public Health restaurant inspection scores return Tuesday.
- Crimewatch: Updates on area arrests.
Truett’s Chick-Fil-A Sports Report:
- High school teams adjust to latest GHSA coronavirus guidelines.
- Live baseball? Try the Macon Bacon.
- Atlanta Braves report for training.
- Rockmart runner joins Berry.
- Plus links to today’s pro sports updates.
Hometown Text Network:
- Subscribe to major news alerts. Text 313131; type HometownRome. Sponsor: Heritage First Bank.