Today’s top headlines:
- 14 patients with COVID-19 in Floyd, Redmond hospitals on Tuesday; 4 others awaiting test results. Second Polk resident dies. Local positive tests jump by 53 from Monday.
- 2020 season of the Rome Braves — and minor league baseball — officially canceled. What Braves’ fans need to know.
- Health: State again rejects Floyd’s bid to offer adult open heart surgery.
- Business: Home sales down 20.5% but prices mixed for Northwest Georgia homebuyers, sellers in May vs. a year earlier.
- Independence Day 2020: Fireworks, parades still on tap although some events have been canceled. What to know.
- Buzz: Work to begin soon on stabilizing U.S. 27 (Taylor’s Ridge) in Chattooga County. DOT suspending holiday weekend road work.
- Ware Mechanical Weather Center: Maybe a half-inch of rain today, more storms possible. Independence Day: 89 with a 40% rain chance.
- Obituaries: Janie Bridges; Cpl. Jessica Danielle Churchwell, USMC; Jean Davis Herring; Jacolyn Gould Jones; Ronald Lathan King Sr.; Cain Grayson Rittenhouse.
- Dining: Public Health restaurant inspection scores.
- Crimewatch: Updates on area arrests.
Truett’s Chick-Fil-A Sports Report:
New look, focus for Berry College athletics online.
2020 season of the Rome Braves — and minor league baseball — officially canceled.
- What Minor League Baseball is saying.
- Atlanta Braves due to report today to begin work on 60-game season.
Plus links to today’s pro sports updates.
Hometown Newscasts, Text Network:
- Newscast, Rant of the Day, podcasts. Free alerts: Text 313131; type HHpodcasts. Advertise: 706-346-2031.
- Subscribe to major news alerts. Text 313131; type HometownRome. Sponsor: Heritage First Bank.
- HometownDeal alerts: Text 313131, the Hometowndeal. Best ad deal in town: $25 per text. Call 706-346-2031.