Today’s top headlines:
- Rome musician Lee Shealy joins legendary Atlanta Rhythm Section. ‘We all get along great. It’s just neat to listen to all their stories from years together.’
- Business: As first half of 2020 ends, some big minuses but also hundreds of millions of dollars in new investment across Northwest Georgia despite the pandemic.
- State-record 2,226 new COVID-19 cases since Saturday; Georgia sees 11,282 additional positive tests in 7 days, a 17.1% surge. Northwest Georgia up 22 cases in 24 hours.
- Reports: Woman dead, man shot Sunday evening near Crump Road in Cartersville.
- Business: Second downtown Rome studio on the way as Playa Azul Media moves in above Jamwich.
- Ware Mechanical Weather Center: Heat index of 99 possible today; actual high: 91. Storms possible all week.
- Rant of the Day plus our headlines’ newscast.
- Obituaries: Mrs. Mattie Louise Hall Roberson.
- Dining: Public Health restaurant inspection scores return Tuesday.
- Crimewatch: Updates on area arrests.
Truett’s Chick-Fil-A Sports Report:
- Meet the 2020 Atlanta Braves (Culberson a non-roster player on the 60-man list).
- Braves, Major League Baseball due in camp Wednesday.
- ‘Dead Week’ for high schools; COVID-19 test results sought.
- Plus links to today’s pro sports updates.
Hometown Newscasts, Text Network:
- Newscast, Rant of the Day, podcasts. Free alerts: Text 313131; type HHpodcasts. Advertise: 706-346-2031.
- Subscribe to major news alerts. Text 313131; type HometownRome. Sponsor: Heritage First Bank.
- HometownDeal alerts: Text 313131, the Hometowndeal. Best ad deal in town: $25 per text. Call 706-346-2031.