The Rome City Commission will meet Monday June 22 at 6:30 p.m. in the Sam King Room of City Hall as well as via ZOOM and Facebook Live.
Join Zoom Meeting: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/85756908481?pwd=MFBIUlFqTXFoeHhGcDAweVlZWXFvQT09
On the Agenda:
- The Commission is expected to approve a refund a portion of alcohol pouring licensing fees to businesses closed during the pandemic.
- A public hearing will be held on two rezoning requests:
- The Northwest Georgia Housing Authority is requesting to rezone approximately 18.4 acres of property bounded by East 14th St., East 12th St., Crane St., and Cedar Ave. The property is currently zoned Urban Mixed Use and High Density Traditional Residential and request is to rezone to Multi-Family Residential.
- The Virgin Realty Group is requesting to rezone property at 109 Lookout Circle from Community Commercial to Low Density Traditional Residential. The property is currently used as single-family residence and it would continue to be used as such.
- City Manager Sammy Rich will discuss the River District Multimodal Analysis & Redevelopment Plan recently completed by consultants, Nelson Nygaard. Click here to review.
Floyd County Commission will meet Tuesday, June 23 at 6 p.m. with caucus at 5 p.m. at the Floyd County Administration Building. Agenda
There will be a second reading and public hearing on a rezoning request for property at 1994 Kingston Highway. Request is for 0.74 acres currently zoned Suburban Residential (ST) to be rezoned to Community Commercial (CC). The planning staff recommends the rezoning and the Planning Commission voted 7-0 in favor of the request.