Today’s top headlines:
Alcohol Control Commission wants downtown businesses to get a rebate or refund to cover two months where sales dried up because of the pandemic shutdowns, restrictions.
- Latest updates for Floyd County Schools reopening for the 2020-21 year, including transportation and student nutrition. Plus: Video from Monday’s meeting.
- Rome City Schools puts survey before parents, guardians as back-to-class plans continue to evolve.
- Darlington outlines plans for the resumption of classes this fall. What to know.
- State death toll just below 2,500 through Monday. 7 coronavirus patients in Rome hospitals. Almost 100 more positive tests in Northwest Georgia in five day.
- Georgia Health News: New concerns about Georgia’s coronavirus ‘scorecard;’ cases rising among farmworkers in South Georgia as well.
Floyd’s economic imprint estimated at $841.2 million in the region. The analysis comes as many healthcare systems are battling the financial impact of coronavirus pandemic.
Updates on Back the Blue rally from Monday evening.
Buzz: First phase of The Spires at Berry College opens. NAMI Rome hosts mental health court forum on FB Live tonight.
Today’s other headlines:
- Politics: GPB’s Capitol Report looks at the first day back for the General Assembly.
- Ware Mechanical Weather Center: High of just 80 today, 83 on Wednesday. Storms possible all week.
- Rant of the Day plus our headlines’ newscast.
- Obituaries: Randall Allen “Randy” Edwards, Linda Dianne (Burton) Jackson, Joel D. Pearson Jr., Mrs. Carolyn JoAnn Rogers.
- Dining: Public Health restaurant inspection scores.
- Crimewatch: Updates on area arrests.
Truett’s Chick-Fil-A Sports Report:
- A video highlight from the Big Blue Basketball Camp.
- Georgia High School Association’s June 23 meeting includes review of second dead week, 30-second shot clock.
- Plus links to today’s pro sports updates.
Hometown Newscasts, Text Network:
- Newscast, Rant of the Day, podcasts. Free alerts: Text 313131; type HHpodcasts. Advertise: 706-346-2031.
- Subscribe to major news alerts. Text 313131; type HometownRome. Sponsor: Heritage First Bank.
- HometownDeal alerts: Text 313131, the Hometowndeal. Best ad deal in town: $25 per text. Call 706-346-2031.