Quick view from Redmond Regional showing Sunday evening’s turnout. In the background: Overflow parking at the Harbin Clinic buildings. According to a Remond post: “We are overwhelmed with the amazing show of support from our friends and neighbors of faith. It’s hard to describe how incredible tonight was but this video might give you an idea. Thank you. #WeAreRome
Outside of two Rome hospitals that have seen more than their share of coronavirus patients, twin community prayer and worship events were held Sunday evening as part of “We Are Rome” at Floyd Medical Center and Redmond Regional Medical Center. A similar event was held last week at Cartersville Medical Center.
In this time of social distancing and sheltering-in-place that is likely to extend several more weeks, local churches are getting creative in looking for ways to celebrate Easter this year. How about a community ‘drive-in’ Easter service?
Participating churches and partners include: Life Church, West Rome Baptist Church, Cornerstone Church, Hollywood Baptist Church, Renovation Church, Rome Radio Partners, Floyd County Sheriff’s Office, Coosa Valley Fair Association and the Exchange Club of Rome. For more: www.thechurchesofrome.com
“We’ve been creatively looking for ways to celebrate Easter since we can’t join together for worship at our building right now,” says Pastor Jason Stockton of Life Church. “We thought about a drive-in experience at the fairgrounds because the parking is tiered and we can have a stage at the bottom. Several other churches were interested in joining with us.”
Approximately 1,500 cars will be able to park at the fairgrounds for each service. In addition, it will also be livestreamed via the church’s Facebook page and website. Visitors will remain in their vehicles and will tune into local stations 1360 AM or 99.5 FM to listen to the message while watching from the stage.
“We will also be taking up a community offering that will go to the community. There will be a team of members from each of the participating churches that will decide on the best way to bless the community in a Christian way with the money. The offering will be made via ‘text-to-give’ or online,” says Stockton. “So many have wanted to give above and beyond the local church to help the community during this time.”
In addition, Life Church will be hosting it’s own Palm Sunday ‘drive-in’ worship service at the fairgrounds on April 5 at 11 a.m. The community is welcome to participate in this event as well. It will also be livestreamed on Life Church’s Facebook page and website.
First Baptist of Rome observes 24 hours of prayer: “At First Baptist Church of Rome, we believe in the power of prayer. We know that God can do all things, and we want to enter into His presence for a constant 24 hours, asking that His grace and strength be given to our healthcare workers, their patients, our leaders and our world. Our healthcare workers need our prayers because they are overwhelmed. They need our prayers because they are afraid. They need our prayers because they are making decisions that will separate life from death. They need our prayers because they grieve for their patients who are having babies alone, living alone, and dying alone. They need our prayers because they are themselves at risk for illness, and they need our prayers for their families.”
- With that, members of congregation signed in to pray for 15-minute intervals starting at 1 p.m. Sunday and continuing until 1 p.m. Monday. FBC Prayers
- St. Mary’s Catholic Church, Rome. Sunday Masses at 10 a.m. English and 11 a.m. Spanish. Click Facebook Live/English and Facebook Live/Spanish (Iglesia Catolica St. Mary’s).
- Rome First United Methodist Church: Join us at 9 a.m. on Sunday or watch it later. https://www.romefirst.org/remote-sermons-and-sunday-school-lessons
- First Presbyterian Church of Rome will broadcast a live online worship service this Sunday at 10:30 am. To access the broadcast, go to our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/fpcrome or to our church website at www.fpcrome.org. The service will also be available through a delayed radio broadcast each Sunday at 11 am on WLAQ 96.9.
- Pleasant Valley South Baptist Church, Silver Creek: A video podcast will be streamed on Facebook page or website at 10:30 a.m. Sunday.
- Second Avenue Baptist Church: Livestreaming Wednesday Bible Study and Sunday Morning worship Both will go live at their regularly scheduled times and will remain posted on our Facebook page. (You will need to follow Second Avenue on Facebook to view the stream.) We will also record these events and make them available through our normal video channels on the web site at www.sabcrome.com.
- Life Church Rome will have Facebook live at 11 a.m. or livestream on their website at www.lcrome.com.
- Rush Chapel United Methodist Church https://m.facebook.com/rushchapelumc/?ref=bookmarks
Facebook live, Sunday morning at 11 a.m.
- New Antioch Baptist Church in Shannon’s media pages for a weekly worship message each Sunday at 11 a.m. https://newantiochshannon.com/media or https://www.facebook.com/newantiochbaptist/
- Cornerstone Church will be streaming on Facebook Live and YouTube Live at 10 am for English-speaking services. Cornerstone en Espanol will be streaming on Facebook Live at 11:30 am for Spanish speaking service.
The following were submitted via Facebook. For an expanded look, please click the Facebook item below. We added some to the post below but they’re easier to read on Facebook:
- North Church we go live on Facebook at 11 am Sunday mornings, Monday and Friday night prayer meetings at 7 live on Facebook, and Wednesday night bible studies at 6:45 live on Facebook.
- TrueNorth Church, Calhoun Facebook Live at 11:00 https://www.facebook.com/truenorthcalhoun/
- St. Peter’s Episcopal Church Sunday at 10 am broadcast on WLAQ or on www.wlaq1410.com
- Pleasant Valley North at 10:45 a.m. http://pleasantvalleynorth.com
- Second Baptist Cedartown will be going live on Facebook at 11am Sunday. Second Baptist Cedartown or www.sbcedartown.org or https://www.facebook.com/SecondAvenueBaptistChurchRomeGA/
- Subligna Road Church of Christ will have livestream at 11a.
- Mt. Alto Baptist Church. Sundays at 10:30am and Wednesdays at 6:30pm. Live on the homepage of mtalto.com
- Beech Creek United Methodist 11am Sunday Facebook Live https://www.facebook.com/events/2687857604868800/
- Cross Pointe Community Church: Cross Pointe
- North Rome church of God NRCOG.org
- Westminster Presbyterian Church, Rome. Facebook live Sunday at 11:00 am.
- Pennville Church of Christ at 11 Sunday morning on facebook
- First Baptist Church of Cave Spring, Georgia will be broadcasting on Facebook Live at 11 AM on Sunday. A recording is available as well.
- NorthPointe Church at 9:30 am – FB live or through the website. Also a recording available after the service.
- Providence Baptist Church will have messages on YouTube on Sundays at 11 a.m. Click here
- Antioch Baptist Church-Service is at 10:45 on Sunday. https://m.facebook.com/antiochbaptistrome/
- Friendship Baptist Church. Sunday Morning @ 10am
- First Baptist, Rome at 11:00 on Sunday. Stream live at www.fbcrome.org or watch on Comcast Channel 44.
- Shorter Avenue Baptist Church Shorteravenue.org
- Lindale Church of God Facebook live. 10:00 Sunday. https://m.facebook.com/LindaleChurchofGod/?ref=bookmarks
- Spring Creek Baptist Church has Sunday service at 10:15 am and Wednesday night Bible Study at 6:30 pm. springcreekrome.com or Facebook at Spring Creek Baptist Church Rome
- First Baptist Church of Lindale, GA
- West Rome Baptist Church streams services each Sunday at 10:30 am on Facebook, YouTube, and westrome.org.
- FAC Rome is on Facebook Live at 11:15 AM on Sundays and at 7:30 PM on Wednesdays.
- Calvary Baptist Church is doing Facebook live services at 10:00am on Sundays, 6:30pm on Wednesdays, and nightly devotions at 8:00pm the rest of the week.We also have a YouTube channel for those not on facebook.
- Christian Church at Rome will have a live steamed service via fb at 11am. https://www.facebook.com/ccarwestrome/
- EmersonUUC Marietta: EmersonUUC Marietta
- Crosspoint City Church | Crosspoint City Church | GA
- Victory Baptist Church on livestream.comhttp://livestream.com/VictoryBaptistChurch/events/7643367
- Legacy Church / Sundays via podcast at 10 a.m. @ https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/legacy-church-rome/id1465970786
- DeSoto Park Baptist Church in Rome live-streams every Sunday Morning at 11:00am. We also try to stream on Sunday Evenings at 6:00pm and Wednesday Nights at 6:30pm. Www.Facebook.com/DeSotoParkBaptistChurch
- Doyle Road Baptist Church will go live on Sunday morning at 11:15 am on Doyle Rd Baptist Church Facebook page.
Lovejoy Missionary Baptist Church will be streaming live on Facebook at 9 a. m. each Sunday until further notice. Bible Study will be on conference call every Wednesday at 6 p.m. Call 605-313-4830. Access code 988130#