Hometown’s top headlines: please click here
- Two Rome Health & Rehabilitation patients test positive, hospitalized.
- Latest updates from region, state: 65 dead including four here. 156 positive tests in NW Georgia.
- Update on local patient: April Abernathy is home from the hospital following miracle recovery.
- Second Bartow lawmaker tests positive.
- Churches: Where, when to watch area services this weekend.
Today’s other news:
- Buzz: Berry Forensics Union earns 26th consecutive state championship. Honors for Sheriff Tim Burkhalter.
- Keith Mickler’s Rome Grown: Don’t let spring fever ruin your lawn; hold off on fertilizers for now.
- Ware Mechanical Weather Center: After some record heat on Friday, ‘only’ mid 80s today. High of 71 by Monday.
- Obituaries: Mrs. Martha Sue Dowdy, Mr. Gary Graves Miller, Carl Houston Ward
- Dining: Public Health restaurant inspection scores.
Greater Community Bank CrimeWatch: Updates on arrests. Crimewatch
Truett’s Chick-fil-A Sports Report. Click
AJC salutes top girls, boys from the 2019-20 basketball season.
Update on what’s open, closed from Rome-Floyd Parks and Recreation (park-by-park guide).
Links to Atlanta, Rome pro teams for updates on what they’re doing during the coronavirus stand-down.
2020 fall high school football schedule.
Hometown Podcast Network & text alerts.
- Broadcasts: Free weekday newscasts and rants, and Druck Report interviews. At Apple Podcasts, Spotify.
- Subscribe to our free local deal alert: Discounts, BOGOs and other deals. $25 per deal. Text 313131; in the message field, type Hometowndeal.
- Subscribe to our free newscast/podcast text alerts. Text 313131; in the message field, type HHpodcasts.
- Subscribe to our major news alerts. Text 313131; in the message field, type HometownRome. Brought to you by Heritage First Bank.