Hometown’s top headlines: please click here
- Coronavirus: Georgia death toll at 38 including 3 overall from Gordon, Bartow and Floyd. Positive tests: 105 in NW Georgia; 1,097 in the state. Hospital updates. Kemp plans TV town hall Thursday at 8 p.m.
- County Commission unanimously OK’s shelter-in-place emergency order;some differences from the city. Takes effect now through 11:59 p.m. April 7.
- Our pleasure: Truett’s Chick-fil-A drive-through reopens at 6 a.m. Wednesday. ‘Thank you for your patience as we worked through this process.’
- The Floyd County Sheriff’s Office to assist local pharmacies in delivering prescriptions for those 65 and older, or those disabled.
- Helping: Greater Community Bank associate, daughter join mask makers to help area healthcare workers. Public Health looking for volunteers
- Darlington to continue to close campus, use distance learning through April 13. Secretary of State to mail absentee ballots to 6.9 million voters for May primary.
Today’s other news:
- Ware Mechanical Weather Center: Heavy rain in Rome, Cartersville but few power outages. Look for 83 on Friday and 80 on Saturday.
- Buzz: 222 homes sold in Floyd, Bartow, Gordon combined last month; mixed report for area Realtors. U.S. 41 clover leaf bridges due in service today.
- Obituaries: Leonard Howard Abernathy Jr., Henry E Dean, Mr. Ray Anthony Overton Sr., Michael Ray Wilson.
- Dining: Public Health restaurant inspection scores. Plus: Mills Fitzner captures a quiet lunch hour in Rome on Tuesday.
Greater Community Bank CrimeWatch: Updates on arrests. Crimewatch
Truett’s Chick-fil-A Sports Report. Click
- Kell’s Steve Gates named Cass football coach.
- Tokyo Summer Games moved to 2021.
- What’s closed in town.
Hometown Podcast Network & text alerts.
- Broadcasts: Free weekday newscasts and rants, and Druck Report interviews. At Apple Podcasts, Spotify.
- Subscribe to our free local deal alert: Discounts, BOGOs and other deals. $25 per deal. Text 313131; in the message field, type Hometowndeal.
- Subscribe to our free newscast/podcast text alerts. Text 313131; in the message field, type HHpodcasts.
- Subscribe to our major news alerts. Text 313131; in the message field, type HometownRome. Brought to you by Heritage First Bank.