- Listen by clicking the above arrow.
Today’s Bartow Headlines Newscast:
- Statewide this morning, the coronavirus death count stands at 38. Among those are a Bartow County resident. Another victim thought to be from Bartow County actually was a 78-year-old Gordon County resident who was a volunteer at The Church at Liberty Square. Another church member who lived in Rome died last week.
- As of late Tuesday, 76 Bartow County residents had tested positive for the coronavirus. That’s three fourths of the 102 known patients in the five-county area. Statewide, nealy 1,100 people have tested positive.
- At Cartersville Medical Center, the Tuesday update shows five patients had tested positive for the virus while another 36 patients were awaiting test results.
- In related news, the city of Cartersville has amended its ordinances regarding restaurants and package alcohol sales. Basically, as area restaurants transition to curbside pickup, they can now dispense packaged beer and wine. No consumption on site.
- We’ll have updates on state and local numbers at noon and 7 this evening as well as a new report from Cartersville Medical Center later in the day.
In other headlines:
- Cartersville saw nearly three inches of rain since Monday, a bunch of it falling during Tuesday night’s storms. Just a few power outages remain today. Look for highs in the low 80s later in the week.
- We have public health restaurant inspection scores.
- We have updates from the Bartow County Jail and Cartersville Police Department.
- And in your Truett’s Chick-fil-A Sports report, an update on Cass’s new head football coach.