We’re posting key updates (mostly local) throughout the news day. Some also will be expanded on our pages throughout the day.
- Noon update: 23 coronavirus deaths in Georgia, up three overnight. The state was tied for third in fatal cases with Louisiana; Washington state and New York are the top two. 600 cases as of noon today.
- Floyd Medical Center details the first few days of caring for a Polk County woman who would become the first documented coronavirus case in Northwest Georgia.
- Two Rome commissioners want virus update, discussion on Monday meeting agenda.
- Second death in Northwest Georgia: A revised chart of coronavirus deaths in Georgia now lists one death in Floyd County and one in Bartow County.
- 7 confirmed patients at Floyd, Redmond; 33 awaiting test results. Polk and Gordon both have 4 each. State cases now at 555.
- Pirelli North America to lower production and close Rome plant for cleaning. Updates
- Floyd County Jail to end on-site video visitation on Monday, moves to remote video visitation system next week.
- FEMA sets up coronavirus rumor control site to in an attempt to control rumors circulating around social media, including rumors that the military will impose a national lock down or quarantine. Click here
NATIONAL/WORLD UPDATE, 11:45 a.m. Sunday:
- Worldwide: 316,652 cases with 13,598 deaths and 94,176 identified as recovered (majority listed from China alone).
- United States: 27,004 cases (fourth in the world behind China, Italy and now Spain) with 345 deaths including 20 in Georgia as of 11:45 a.m. Sunday. Those totals include one death each in Floyd and Bartow counties.
- Source: Johns Hopkins
- Next statewide updates: 7 this evening.
- Throughout the day: Probable updates from Cartersville Medical Center, Floyd Medical Center, Redmond Regional Medical Center and Public Health..