Hometown’s top headlines: please click here
- Latest reports from area hospital on ‘positive patients,’ those awaiting tests. Also: State reports now updated at noon and 7 p.m. daily. National/world snapshot.
- Business: A look at how more businesses are adapting to changes as the fight against coronavirus continues. Shaw closes Cartersville plant for cleaning.
- Bartow state of emergency: Resolution forces restaurants to offer takeout only, limits places of assembly including gyms, movie theaters. Employee at Bartow school tests positive. Bartow County Jail cancels visits. Updates from City of Emerson.
- Health: Harbin Clinic adopts ‘no visitor policy’ at all sites. Plus additional health updates.
- Lost jobs: Some resources to check if you’re laid off in response to the shutdown to stem the spread of the virus.
- Churches: With public services suspended, some congregations are turning to Facebook, webcasts. Links included.
Today’s other news:
- Business: Exxon/Circle K closes on Martha Berry near Summerville Park.
- Buzz: Chieftains’ Herb and Plant Sale will be online this year. Also web-based: Rome City Commission meeting on Monday evening.
- Ware Mechanical Weather Center: A bit cooler today, Sunday; inch of rain late Sunday into Monday — and more to follow.
- Obituaries: Roberta H. Cooper, Mrs. Barbara Jo Edwards, Mr. Billy Larry Henderson, Mr. Ferman Jason “Jim” Shouse Jr., Mrs. Wanda Woodard.
- Dining: Public Health restaurant inspection scores.
- Greater Community Bank CrimeWatch: Updates on arrests. Crimewatch
Chick-fil-A Sports Report
- UGA’s Todd Gurley signs with the Falcons.
- Link to other Atlanta updates.
- Where to get Atlanta Braves’ baseball fix.
- What’s closed.
- John McClellan’s 2020 high school football schedule.
Hometown Podcast Network & text alerts.
- Broadcasts: Free weekday newscasts and rants, and Druck Report interviews. At Apple Podcasts, Spotify.
- Subscribe to our free local deal alert: Discounts, BOGOs and other deals. $25 per deal. Text 313131; in the message field, type Hometowndeal.
- Subscribe to our free newscast/podcast text alerts. Text 313131; in the message field, type HHpodcasts.
- Subscribe to our major news alerts. Text 313131; in the message field, type HometownRome. Brought to you by Heritage First Bank.