Polk Schools: Two-hour delay Friday
Other schools: A reminder that Floyd County and Rome City schools are closed Friday and Monday for winter break.
– Cave Spring Road between Evergreen Lane and John Hand Road
– Furnace Street at Charles Street
– College Drive at Worldview Church between John Hand Road and Ever Green Lane
RAINFALL totals, 4 a.m. Monday through Thursday at 3 p.m.
- :Rome: 3.58 inches.
- Cartersville: 3.93 inches.
- Calhoun: 2.88 inches.
Latest flooding concerns for area waterways: Click here for latest specific updates.
- Armuchee Creek near Armuchee affecting Floyd County.
- Coosa River, Lock and Dam Park.
- Coosa River, Plant Hammond.
- Oostanaula River near Resaca affecting Floyd and Gordon Counties
- Oostanaula River, near Calhoun affecting Gordon County.
- Oostanaula River, near Rome/Bypass.
- Oostanaula River near Rome US Hwy. 27 affecting Floyd County (see above graphic).
Thursday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 30. North wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
Friday: Sunny, with a high near 47. North wind around 10 mph, with gusts as high as 15 mph.
Friday Night: Clear, with a low around 26. Calm wind.
Saturday: Sunny, with a high near 53.
Saturday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 37.
Sunday: A 20 percent chance of showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 57.
Sunday Night: A 20 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 41.