- Listen by clicking the above arrow.
A special podcast edition of our Ware Mechanical weather updates.
Northwest Georgia is expected to see strong winds, heavy rain and perhaps brief tornadoes late tonight and into Thursday morning as a cold front clips our area. The major concern:
- High winds toppling trees already standing in saturated soil from all our recent rain.
- That could mean power outages overnight and Thursday morning.
- Plus: We’ll see another inch of rain with this incoming storm. A new flash flood watch begins tonight at 7 for our area.
- We’ve incorporated an update from the National Weather Service’s Peachtree City office into this newscast, with highlights from Hometown Headlines at the beginning.
- We’ll have continuing web and social media updates throughout the evening.
Hometown Headlines broadcasts & text alerts:
- Newscasts and podcasts: Our weekday newscasts and Druck Report interviews. See HHPodcast at Apple Podcasts, Spotify.
- Subscribe to our free local deal alert: Discounts, BOGOs, other local deals. Text 313131; Hometowndeal in the message field.
- Subscribe to our free newscast/podcast text alerts.Text 313131; in the message field, type HHpodcasts.
- Subscribe to our free major news alerts. Text 313131; in the message field, type HometownRome. Brought to you by Heritage First Bank.