- Snow: Winter weather advisory extended until 4 p.m. for our area; storm warning to our east through 7 p.m. Details
- Tornado was 85-mph winds confirmed on Gordon/Bartow line. Tornado
- Much more rain due next week as flooding continues following nearly 4 inches of rain last week. See below.
- New: Flooding closes several parks until further notice. “Because of high water, Ridge Ferry Park and all Ridge Ferry Park trails along with Heritage Park and Riverview Park behind the levee are closed. Also: Tolbert Park.”
- Flood Warnings: See list below
- Latest flooding concerns for area waterways: Click here for latest specific updates.
- Armuchee Creek near Armuchee affecting Floyd County.
- Coosa River, Lock and Dam Park.
- Coosa River, Plant Hammond.
- Oostanaula River near Resaca affecting Floyd and Gordon Counties
- Oostanaula River, near Calhoun affecting Gordon County.
- Oostanaula River near Rome US Hwy. 27 affecting Floyd County (see above graphic and photo, right).
A Winter Weather Advisory has been issued for portions of North Georgia, including the north Atlanta metro. Snow will be possible during the morning hours into the early afternoon across the advisory area. Accumulations are expected to be less than an inch and primarily on elevated and grassy surfaces. Temperatures dropping back to below freezing Saturday night will likely lead to additional travel concerns for the same areas outlined above.
Next week: Additional moderate rainfall from multiple storm systems will exacerbate ongoing river flood issues through much of next week. This will be especially true on Monday
Saturday: Rain and snow showers before 3pm, then a slight chance of rain showers between 3pm and 4pm. High near 47. Calm wind becoming southwest around 5 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of around an inch possible.
Saturday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 30. Calm wind.
Sunday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 57. Light and variable wind becoming southeast 5 to 10 mph in the afternoon.
Sunday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 43. Southeast wind around 5 mph.
Monday: Showers, mainly after 1pm. High near 62. Chance of precipitation is 100%.
Monday Night: Showers. Low around 56. Chance of precipitation is 100%.