- New: Flooding closes several parks until further notice. “Because of high water, Ridge Ferry Park and all Ridge Ferry Park trails along with Heritage Park and Riverview Park behind the levee are closed. Also: Tolbert Park.”
- A few flurries falling at midday in Rome.
- Latest on closed roads.
- Wednesday-Thursday rainfall: Just under 4 inches.
- Flood Warnings: See list below
Latest flooding concerns for area waterways: Click here for latest specific updates.
- Armuchee Creek near Armuchee affecting Floyd County.
- Chattooga River, Summerville
- Coosa River, Lock and Dam Park.
- Coosa River, Plant Hammond.
- Oostanaula River near Resaca affecting Floyd and Gordon Counties
- Oostanaula River, Calhoun.
- Oostanaula River near Rome US Hwy. 27 affecting Floyd County (see above graphic and photo, right).
- Oostanaula River near Calhoun affecting Gordon County
As much colder air rushes in across the area behind a strong storm system, scattered rain showers may mix with or change to snow showers before ending early afternoon. There is the chance to see some snow accumulations but mainly confined to the highest elevations of the north Georgia mountains, from near Amicalola Falls State Park up to the Georgia and North Carolina state line near Hiawassee. Elsewhere across far north Georgia, a few snow flurries or snow showers may mix with light rain showers late tonight into early Friday morning. No snow accumulations or impacts are expected as morning low temperatures remain above freezing, in the mid to upper 30s.
Winds will also be quite strong today with frequent gusts to around 25 mph possible across the area. Along with the saturated soils, these winds will likely bring a few trees down today.
Tonight: Partly cloudy, with a low around 31. West wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the evening.
Saturday: A chance of rain and snow showers before 9am, then a chance of rain showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 52. Light and variable wind becoming west 5 to 10 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 40%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
Saturday Night: A 10 percent chance of showers before 7pm. Mostly clear, with a low around 30. West wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the evening.
Sunday: Sunny, with a high near 61. Calm wind becoming southeast around 5 mph in the afternoon.
Sunday Night: A 20 percent chance of showers after 8pm. Partly cloudy, with a low around 47.
Monday: Showers, mainly after 8am. High near 63. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
Monday Night: Showers. Low around 56. Chance of precipitation is 90%.