Yet another urgent care/immediate care is on the way in Rome.
Records from the building department show a permit for $634,538 to transform the Payless ShoeSource location at 1314 Turner McCall Blvd. and Riverbend just in front of IHOP and Chef Chen Buffet into the area’s next immediate care/urgent care center. The permit has been issued to TMJ Builders LLC.
The report comes exactly a year after Payless announced it was closing all of its 2,100 stores and starting an immediate liquidation sale. A store in Calhoun also closed.
The urgent care/immediate care is the latest in a series of openings in our area in the past 18 months.
- Walmart just opened a health center at its remodeled Calhoun store on Ga. 53.
- Also recently, Harbin Clinic opened a weekend immediate care office at 150 Gentilly Blvd. in Cartersville.
- Carterville Medical Center announced plans to open a second Cartersville Urgent Care at 11 Charley Harper Drive, Suite 100 (between Old Mill Road and West Avenue). The first opened on Main Street near Starbucks in late 2018.
- Redmond Regional Medical Center opened two immediate care offices, one in East Rome and the other, West Rome, in 2019.
- Peachtree Immediate Care, in association with Emory, is just about ready in Cartersville. All the signage is up at the former Los Reyes location at 122 N. Morningside Drive.