Truett’s Chick-fil-A Sports
- Darlington vs. Bowdon
- Gordon Central vs. Armuchee
- Pepperell vs. Dade
- Coosa vs. Chattooga
- Model vs. Rockmart
- Rome vs. East Paulding
- Berry Men’s basketball. Next: At Birmingham-Southern, Friday at 9 p.m.
- Berry Women’s basketball: Next: At Birmingham-Souther, Friday at 7 p.m.
- Shorter Men’s basketball: Next: Tonight at Christian Brothers University, 8 p.m.
- Shorter Women’s basketball: Next: Tonight at Christian Brothers University, 6 p.m.
- Georgia Highlands’ men: Charges 81, Gordon State 76. Next: Saturday at East Georgia.
- Georgia Highlands’ women: Saturday at East Georgia.
Super Bowl LIV: Chiefs vs. 49ers on Feb. 2 at 6:30 p.m. at Hard Rock Stadium in Miami, TV: Fox.
- Atlanta Falcons regular season schedule. 2020
Rome Braves’ 18th Annual Hot Stove Gathering is Jan. 27; due are new General Manager David Cross, Atlanta’s Brian Snitker.
- Pitchers and catchers report: Countdown clock
- Rome Braves’ 2020 season schedule; open at home with seven-game stretch on April 9. 2020
- Pictures: Mills Fitzner’s photos from 2008-18, archive / Click here to see the 2019 season’s galleries.
- 2020 Rome Braves National Anthem Auditions will be Feb. 1-2 from 1-6 p.m. Try out to sing the National Anthem at a 2020 home game. Auditions will be scheduled in 10-minute intervals. To sign up, email firstname.lastname@example.org. No walk-ups permitted. Must schedule in advance by 5 p.m. on Friday, Jan. 31 to participate.
- The Rome Braves 2020 Brigade Auditions will be Saturday, Feb. 1 from 8 a.m. to noon at State Mutual Stadium. Qualifications: Must be 18 or older (or high school senior); minimum two years of cheer/dance experience; and must work all 70 home games plus weekly practices. Walk ups are welcome but pre-registration is preferred. Please email email@example.com to pre-register and expedite your check in process the morning of auditions.
Tickets are now on sale for the 2020 Hall of Fame Banquet set for Monday, Feb. 10, at the Forum. The banquet honors the inductees as well as the 14 students from local high schools receiving the John C. Pinson Jr. Memorial Scholarships. This year’s inductees are Jaleel Riaz, Charles Smith, Toryan Smith, Charles Culberson and Charlie Culberson. Along with the inductees, 14 area student athletes will be recognized for receiving the John C. Pinson Jr. Outstanding Student Athlete Scholarships. The event includes a banquet and awards ceremony. Doors open at 5:30 p.m. with a social hour followed by a buffet dinner from Longhorn Steakhouse and awards ceremony at 6:30 p.m. Event tickets are $30 each and a table is $240.Tickets may be purchased in-person at Rome-Floyd Parks and Recreation Administrative Headquarters at 1 Shorter Ave. Banquet tickets may also be purchased online at rfrpa.com. Banquet tickets are limited and must be purchased by Feb. 3. For more:706.291.0766.
Raffle of bat signed by 2019 Atlanta Braves to help Pinson Scholarships: You’ve seen Ronald Acuna Jr., Josh Donaldson, Freddie Freeman and hometown favorite Charlie Culberson play for the Atlanta Braves. Now $20 can get you a chance to own an authenticated autographed bat signed by these four players as well as 25 other members of the 2019 Atlanta Braves. Only 300 raffle tickets will be sold. Tickets are available at Rome-Floyd Parks and Recreation Authority at 1 Shorter Ave. or by contacting a member of the Hall of Fame Committee. All money raised from the sale of tickets goes to help fund the John Pinson Jr. Scholarships, which are given each year to a male and female senior from each local high school. The winner of the bat raffle will be announced at the 2020 Rome-Floyd Sports Hall of Fame Banquet on Monday, Feb. 10, at the Forum.
Harbin Clinic’s Leprechaun-a-thon 5K run and two-mile health walk returns March 14. The 5K race begins from Bridgepoint Plaza and winds its way through the Kingfisher Trail and Riverview Park before finishing on the pedestrian bridge. Race start time is set for 7 p.m. with the walk starting five minutes later. The always-fun costume contest begins at 6:15 p.m. and offers participants, who are invited to dress in green, glowing attire, a chance to win prizes. Registration is now open for the race. Pre-registration for the 5K race is $25 and $20 for the walk. Thanks to Harbin Clinic’s sponsorship, all money raised from the event will go to help fund Rome-Floyd Park and Recreation’s Active Adult Programs. The 5K race is chip timed with special themed awards going to the top three male and female finishers in each age group as well as awards going to the overall male and female winners, male and female masters winners and male and female grandmasters winners. The awards ceremony will follow the race at the Town Green. Packet pickup begins on Wednesday, March 11, from noon to 6 p.m. at RFPRA headquarters at 1 Shorter Ave. for groups. Packet pickup will be available for everyone on Thursday, March 12, from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Friday, March 13, from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Race day registration and packet pickup begins at 5:30 p.m. at Bridgepoint Plaza. Race day registration for the run and the walk is $35. All pre-registered runners receive a fun Harbin Clinic Leprechaun-a-thon T-shirt as well as an armband offering discounts to downtown businesses and restaurants. For more.