Truett’s Chick-fil-A Sports
LSU starts slow, then dominates national championship game vs. Clemson, winning 42-25. Click CFP
- It was Cartersville High star Trevor Lawrence’s first loss as Clemson Tiger, finishing the night with 234 yarads (18 for 37).
Final AP Top 25: LSU, Clemson, Ohio State, Georgia, Oregon, Florida, Oklahoma, Alabama, Penn State and Minnesota are your top 10.
- Other SEC finishers: Auburn, 14.
- Complete list: Top 25.
Tickets are now on sale for the 2020 Hall of Fame Banquet set for Monday, Feb. 10, at the Forum. The banquet honors the inductees as well as the 14 students from local high schools receiving the John C. Pinson Jr. Memorial Scholarships.
The Rome-Floyd Sports Hall of Fame was formed in 1971 to recognize amateur and professional athletes as well as those who contribute to the growth and development of sports in our community. Nominations for the Sports Hall of Fame are submitted by the general public and are received year-round.
This year’s inductees are Jaleel Riaz, Charles Smith, Toryan Smith, Charles Culberson and Charlie Culberson.
Along with the inductees, 14 area student athletes will be recognized for receiving the John C. Pinson Jr. Outstanding Student Athlete Scholarships.
The event includes a banquet and awards ceremony. Doors open at 5:30 p.m. with a social hour followed by a buffet dinner from Longhorn Steakhouse and awards ceremony at 6:30 p.m.
Event tickets are $30 each and a table is $240.Tickets may be purchased in-person at Rome-Floyd Parks and Recreation Administrative Headquarters at 1 Shorter Ave. Banquet tickets may also be purchased online at rfrpa.com. Banquet tickets are limited and must be purchased by February 3.
The cost of the Rome-Floyd Sports Hall of Fame program is solely supported through ticket sales and sponsorships. The event is hosted by the Sports Hall of Fame Committee and Rome-Floyd Parks and Recreation. For questions or to purchase tickets, please call 706.291.0766.
Atlanta Falcons regular season schedule. 2020
NFL playoffs: What’s next.
- 3:05 p.m. Sunday, AFC championship. Titans vs. Chiefs.
- 6:40 p.m. Sunday, NFC championship. 49ers vs. Packers.
Weekly state rankings from the AJC: Complete list
- 5A girls: Rome (15-3) is no. 7.
- 3A girls: Sonoraville (11-6) is no. 10.
- 1A private girls: Darlington (15-2) is no. 10.
No local boys teams ranked. Statewide list.
- Model at Gordon Central.
- Dade County at Rockmart.
- Coosa at Pepperell.
- Chattooga at Armuchee.
- Rome at Cass.
- Christian Heritage at Darlington.
- Rome at Kell: Game postponed on Saturday and rescheduled for next Saturday, Jan. 18 with Varsity Girls at 5 p.m. and Varsity Boys at 6:30 p.m.
The Georgia High School Association Team Dual Wrestling State Championships will take place Thursday through Saturday in Macon. Local teams qualifying are Woodland in Class 5A, Cartersville in Class 4A, Sonoraville and Adairsville in Class 3A, Chattooga in Class 2A, and Trion in Class A.
- Pitchers and catchers report: Countdown clock
- Rome Braves’ 2020 season schedule; open at home with seven-game stretch on April 9. 2020
- Pictures: Mills Fitzner’s photos from 2008-18, archive / Click here to see the 2019 season’s galleries.
The 2020 Rome Braves National Anthem Auditions will be Feb. 1-2 from 1-6 p.m. Try out to sing the National Anthem at a 2020 home game. Auditions will be scheduled in 10-minute intervals. To sign up, email email@example.com. No walk-ups permitted on the day of auditions. Must schedule in advance by 5 p.m. on Friday, Jan. 31 to participate.
The Rome Braves 2020 Brigade Auditions will be Saturday, Feb. 1 from 8 a.m. to noon at State Mutual Stadium. Qualifications: Must be 18 or older (or high school senior); minimum two years of cheer/dance experience; and must work all 70 home games plus weekly practices. Walk ups are welcome but pre-registration is preferred. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to pre-register and expedite your check in process the morning of auditions.