- Please return to our website for an embargoed story posting at 8:30 a.m.
- Rome City Commission: Bill Collins gets unanimous vote for a new term as mayor. Pro tem: Craig McDaniel.
- Business: Anheuser-Busch announces $85 million expansion, 12 new jobs in Cartersville.
- Business: Chris Hunt named chief financial officer at Greater Community Bank.
- Education: Coosa High earns the Floyd County Schools Academic Decathlon championship; Armuchee High places second.
- Education: Darlington announces latest seniors’ scholarship offers. Berry to host a talk about Atlanta’s water resource management system.
- EagleWatch 2020: One egg is in the nest behind Krannert Center at Berry College so far. What to know.
- Buzz: Gas prices down 1 to 5 cents a gallon. State net tax collections up 3% in December. Confirmation at Rome churches. Free admission at historic sites Feb. 9.
- Newscast: Indepth radio-style headlines and our rant of the day.
- Ware Mechanical Weather Center: Another inch of more of rain on the way; flood watch through Wednesday morning.
- Obituaries: Ben L. Crawford, Rev. Chester Martin, Mrs. Debbie Cooper McEver, Mr. James Mitchell Pilcher, Eleanor L. Reese.
- Dining: Public Health restaurant inspection scores.
- Greater Community Bank CrimeWatch: Updates on arrests. Crimewatch
Truett’s Chick-fil-A Sports Report:
- LSU dominates Clemson, Trevor Lawrence for 42-25 win.
- Final AP Top 25: Georgia, no. 4.
- Tickets on sale for the 2020 Hall of Fame Banquet on Feb. 10.
- Rome girls, Darlington girls in latest statewide rankings.
- High school and local college updates.
- Countdown to when pitchers and catchers report.
- Latest on Rome Braves’ preseason activities.
Hometown Headlines broadcasts & text alerts.
- Broadcasts: Free weekday newscasts and rants, and Druck Report interviews. At Apple Podcasts, Spotify.
- Subscribe to our free local deal alert: Discounts, BOGOs and other deals. $25 per deal. Text 313131; in the message field, type Hometowndeal.
- Subscribe to our free newscast/podcast text alerts. Text 313131; in the message field, type HHpodcasts.
- Subscribe to our major news alerts. Text 313131; in the message field, type HometownRome. Brought to you by Heritage First Bank.