Cedartown parade winners:
1st – New Hope
2nd – Emmanuel Baptist
1st – Bold and Beautiful Red Hatters
2nd – Polk County Superior Court
3rd – Girl Scouts
The HON Company
Thursday, Dec. 12: Calhoun Christmas Parade of Lights, 7 p.m. Theme: “A Calhoun Fairy Tale Christmas” featuring characters and stories from everybody’s favorite fairy tales. Register by filling out the application posted below and turning it in to the Gordon County Chamber of Commerce.
Saturday, Dec. 14: Cave Spring Christmas Parade, 6 p.m.
>Photos by Natalie Simms for Hometown Headlines
Rome Christmas Parade. The theme this year was “Let it be Christmas Everywhere” and it begans at 6:30 p.m. at First Avenue and Broad Street, concluding with the tree lighting by City Hall. The lineup can be found at romechristmasparade. John Schroeder of Schroeder’s New Deli was the grand marshal.
2019 parade winners:
Best in Parade: # 38 Spring Creek Baptist Church
- 1st Rome Passion Play
- 2nd Coosa Valley Credit Union
- 3rd Kilgo for Sheriff
- 4th Kevin Gurley Inc
- 5th Pridemore & Cox Orthodontics
- 6th Summit Quest
- 1st Little Creek Baptist Church Youth Group
- 2nd Faith Missionary Baptist
- 3rd Berry College Elementary and Middle School
- 4th Trail Life Boys – Pleasant Valley North
- 5th Pack 118
- 6th Berry College Elementary and Middle School Girl Scouts Troop 727
First photos from Thursday’s Cartersville Exchange Club Christmas Parade courtesy of CPD: The Exchange Club has been organizing the Christmas Parade for the last 29 years. The parade once again was led by members of The Exchange Club called the “Bucket Brigade.” Club members ask spectators to donate a $1 or whatever change they have to contribute to the funds raised for the local children charities.
Updates from Thursday’s Cartersville Exchange Club Christmas Parade:
- more than 95 entries.
- more than $2,400 raised through Bucket Brigade.
- Total money raised from registration fees, sponsorship and Bucket Brigade will be calculated and sent out in the next few days.
As always, the Exchange Club is extremely appreciative of everyone who participates or comes out to watch the parade. We know it was a record number of parade watchers this year.
1 Coosa Valley Credit Union
2. Kirkpatrick and Sons Trucking
3. Dufrene Realty
Non- commercial division
1. Bartow Christmas Coalition
2. Creekside Farm
3. Bethel Crossroads Baptist Church