- Rome’s Christmas Parade: Photos from Tuesday night’s trip down Broad Street. Plus: This year’s winning entries. Next up: Cartersville, Rockmart on Thursday evening.
- State helping to investigate a house fire that took the life of a 69-year-old Gordon County man.
- Dining: Truett’s Chick-fil-A celebrates first year next week. Cook Out opens in Calhoun. Potluck community cookout for SEC Championship at Rome City Brewing on Saturday.
- Health: Another week of “high” level flu activity in Georgia. Hardest hit age group so far: 18 through 49.
- Isakson’s farewell address in the Senate. He stresses the need for bipartisanship, ‘to find common ground’ and solve problems.
- Reminder: Kemp to announce U.S. Senate pick at 10 this morning. Where to watch.
Health: Floyd Medical Center EMT Shanon Prater honored as a Georgia Hospital Hero — and here’s just one reason why.The Druck Report. Too soon to talk about Black Friday 2020? Lots of retail changes once again on the way.Buzz: Darlington announces scholarships. Floyd Democrats meet Thursday. 21st Annual Christmas at First Baptist concert is Sunday. Updates on Gordon Health Department.DAILY FEATURES:
- Newscast: Our audio headlines edition and rant of the day.
- Ware Mechanical Weather Center: A bit warmer through Sunday; some rain expected throughout Friday.
- Obituaries: Betty Jean Phillips Chamblee, Mrs. Susan Faith Hopper, Mrs. Debra North, Beverly Joyce Tolbert.
- Dining: Public Health restaurant inspection scores.
- Greater Community Bank CrimeWatch: Updates on arrests. Crimewatch
Truett’s Chick-fil-A Sports Report: Sports
John McClellan’s high school playoff picks for this Friday. As Northwest Georgia’s impressive streak of state title bids ends, a look at who’ll make it to the high school football championships Dec. 13-14. McClellan.
UGA holds at no. 4 in latest College Football Playoff rankings; key game Saturday vs. No. 2 LSU.
- SEC Championship: Georgia vs. LSU, 4 p.m. at Mercedes-Benz Stadium. TV: CBS.
- ACC Championship: Clemson vs. Virginia, 7:30 p.m., Charlotte. TV: ABC
Atlanta Falcons: Sunday, Panthers at home, 1 p.m.
- Saturday: Harbin Clinic’s Jingle Jog in Cartersville.
- Dec. 14: Rome Half Marathon returns; also offers 5K race. Dec. 12: GoGo Running All-Area Cross Country Banquet.
Hometown Headlines broadcasts & text alerts.
- Broadcasts: Free weekday newscasts and rants, and Druck Report interviews. At Apple Podcasts, Spotify.
- Subscribe to our free local deal alert: Discounts, BOGOs and other deals. $25 per deal. Text 313131; in the message field, type Hometowndeal.
- Subscribe to our free newscast/podcast text alerts. Text 313131; in the message field, type HHpodcasts.
- Subscribe to our major news alerts. Text 313131; in the message field, type HometownRome. Brought to you by Heritage First Bank.