Truett’s Chick-fil-A Sports
Today’s football menu:
- Busy Friday schedule of college football including Missouri at Arkansas, 2:30 p.m., on CBS. Schedule
From Thursday night: Penalty costs Ole Miss:
Courtesy, CBS Sports: “With 4 seconds left in the Egg Bowl, Ole Miss wide receiver Elijah Moore caught a 2-yard touchdown pass that brought the Rebels to within one point of heated rival Mississippi State. The ensuing extra point would have tied the game. Unfortunately, Moore committed a celebration penalty that will go down in the lore of this rivalry game for a long time.
“The sophomore, who leads the Rebels in receiving this season, lifted his leg like a dog and pretended to urinate after his score that made it 21-20. In doing so, he earned an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty for excessive celebration. That type of excess celebration normally wouldn’t do much more than anger the coach, but in this case, the penalty proved costly.” Full story.
Thanksgiving Day Marathon: Some Northwest Georgians started their day with a 13.1-mile road race in Atlanta. Also in the mix, Joe Cook of Rome at 2:00:20 and Matthew Wall of Rome, 2:06:24 Check for the names you know.
HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL
John McClellan picks for the high school playoffs: Cartersville by a touchdown over Woodward Academy. Plus: Statewide forecast. McClellan
Round 3 of GHSA State Football Playoffs tongiht:
- Class 4A: Cartersville will host Woodward.
- Tickets: The Canes will be facing Woodward Academy on Friday night at Weinman Stadium 7:30 pm. Pre-sale tickets available Friday from noon-3 p.m. at the Storm Center. Tickets are $12 each and $10 for CHS students (one ticket per student).
- The game will be broadcast on WBHF 100.3 FM and AM 1450.
- What’s next: Georgia High School Association did the coin toss for semifinals. Cartersville would host winner of the Blessed Trinity-West Laurens game in the semifinals with a win Friday night.
- Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets. Next: Georgia at home, noon kickoff, Saturday. TV: Channel 2 (ABC). Jackets
- Georgia Bulldogs. Next: At Georgia Tech, noon Saturday. Pregame coverage begins at 8 a.m. on 95.5 FM. TV: Channel 2. Bulldogs
- SEC Championship: Georgia vs. LSU, Dec. 7 at 4 p.m. at Mercedes-Benz Stadium, Atlanta. TV: CBS.
- ACC Championship: Clemson vs. Virginia, Dec. 7 at 7:30 p.m., Charlotte. TV: ABC
ATLANTA FALCONS: New Orleans Saints get revenge, beat Falcons on Thanksgiving night, 26-18. Next: Dec. 8 vs. Carolina, 1 p.m. TV: Fox. Radio: 92.9 FM. Falcons
- Rome Braves’ 2020 season schedule; open at home with seven-game stretch on April 9. 2020
- Pictures: Mills Fitzner’s photos from 2008-18, archive / Click here to see the 2019 season’s galleries.