-Listen by clicking the above arrow or even easier, click here.
And here’s how Rome’s news day starts today:
- IRS: ‘Significant increase in enforcement actions for syndicated conservation easement transactions’ begins; Rome considered a ‘hotbed’ for easements.
- Dining: Sage Inn in Adairsville begins Sunday brunch service. O’Charley’s restaurant, land for sale; no change in operations.Updates on Sunday restaurant alcohol sales.
Rome City Schools closes deal to purchase 34 acres at Three Rivers Drive for base for new buses. Price: $1.15 million.Jobs: 1,000 more jobs in Rome/Floyd County in October vs. the same month last year.Weekend! presented by The Forum River Center. Iron Butterfly tonight. Christmas Open House, Candy Cane hunt, Forum on Ice returns. Exhibit: ‘Seeking Botany’s Designs.’Today’s Rant: Why that Georgia Power building is important to what’s next in downtown Rome.
Hometown Headlines broadcasts & text alerts:
- Newscasts and podcasts: Our weekday newscasts and Druck Report interviews. See HHPodcast at Apple Podcasts, Spotify.
- Subscribe to our free local deal alert: Discounts, BOGOs, other local deals. Text 313131; Hometowndeal in the message field.
- Subscribe to our free newscast/podcast text alerts.Text 313131; in the message field, type HHpodcasts.
- Subscribe to our free major news alerts. Text 313131; in the message field, type HometownRome. Brought to you by Heritage First Bank.