- Justus Edwards, the Berry Viking left immobilized by a spinal cord injury in September 2018, stuns all by walking to the very spot of that hit on Saturday — 14 months later. Talk about #14strong. Justus
- Weather: Ware Mechanical Weather Center: Freeze warning until 9 a.m. today. Veteran’s Day forecast will be partly sunny, high near 67. Then cold air blast will bring near record lows Tuesday, Wednesday.
- Dining: Popeye’s Louisiana Kitchen to open in Cedartown on Nov. 18; the fourth new location in the region this year.
- Fatality: One child killed in two-vehicle crash on U.S. 27 in Trion.
- Veterans: Veterans: Puryear Detachment, Marine Corps League to celebrate the 244th birthday of Marine Corps. Adairsville opens Veterans Memorial Park. Armuchee Ruritan Club salutes area veterans. Cartersville, Cedartown set Veterans Day event on Monday.
- Weekend! presented by The Forum River Center: Film festival continues. ‘Blessings and Bluegrass’ today at Morrison Campground. A look ahead to next weekend.
- Buzz: Harlem Globetrotters bringing their ‘Pushing the Limits’ tour to Darlington March 16; how to get tickets. ‘Blessings and Bluegrass’ today at Morrison Campground. Floyd DFCS hosting Holiday Blanket Drive.
- Druck Report: Mark Cochran, one of Rome’s newly election commissioners, on the possibilities ahead for the community..
- Newscast: Returns Monday morning.
- Obituaries: Obituaries: Mr. Silas Donaldson, Jr., Mr. Jonathan Dwayne Graves, Mrs. Minnie McElroy and Mrs. Alice Faye Caylor Sharp.
- Public Health restaurant inspection scores return Tuesday morning. Dining
- Greater Community Bank CrimeWatch: Updates on arrests. Crimewatch
Truett’s Chick-fil-A Sports Report: Sports
Shorter Hawks end 48-game losing streak with 37-7 victory over Allen University.
HIGH SCHOOL: First round playoff matchups.
Later today: Weekly high school football rankings.
- Berry Vikings: Vikings top Centre College, 45-22.
- Shorter Hawks: Hawks get big win over Allen University, 37-7.
- Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets fall at Virginia, 33-28.
- Georgia Bulldogs beat Missouri, 27-0.
ATLANTA FALCONS: Today at New Orleans, 1 p.m.
- Hometown Headlines broadcasts & text alerts.
- Broadcasts: Free weekday newscasts and rants, and Druck Report interviews. At Apple Podcasts, Spotify.
- Subscribe to our free local deal alert: Discounts, BOGOs and other deals. $25 per deal. Text 313131; in the message field, type Hometowndeal.
- Subscribe to our free newscast/podcast text alerts. Text 313131; in the message field, type HHpodcasts.
- Subscribe to our major news alerts. Text 313131; in the message field, type HometownRome. Brought to you by Heritage First Bank.