Truett’s Chick-fil-A Sports
HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL
- FINAL: Unity Christian School falls to Peachtree Academy, 26-0, in state semifinal playoff.
- FINAL: Darlington lost to Fellowship Christian, 42-7.
- FINAL: Model lost at Rockmart, 27-0.
- FINAL: Pepperell wins at Chattooga, 29-12.
- FINAL: Gordon Central tops Coosa, 21-3.
- FINAL: Dade County over Armuchee, 35-6.
- FINAL: Cartersville beats Troup, 45-35.
- FINAL: Cedartown tops Chapel Hill, 29-7.
- FINAL: Calhoun wins at Lakeview-Fort Oglethorpe, 44-7.
- FINAL: Sonoraville falls to North Murray, 45-21.
- FINAL: Kell beats Woodland, 51-7.
- FINAL: Cass wins at Paulding County, 51-25.
- FINAL: Trion lost to Mount Paran Christian, 14-0.
- Off this week: Adairsville, Rome
Look at first round playoffs next Friday, Nov. 15:
- Darlington still is Number 1 in the power ratings in Class A Private as of this morning but would be seeded behind all of the region champions in the playoffs.
- Trion currently is Number 23 in Class A Public.
- Chattooga at Callaway
- Model at Bremen
- Heard County at Pepperell
- Temple at Rockmart
- Calhoun will host Morgan Co.
- Sonoraville at Jefferson
- Adairsville leads the power ratings for the wild card slot and would play at Jenkins
- Cedartown at Marist
- Cartersville will host Flowery Branch
Class 5A: Rome will host Lithonia
John McClellan’s Friday picks: How did John pick’em this week? McClellan
Latest on the GHSA reclassifications. The Georgia High School Association meets on Nov. 12 to hear appeals of the latest classifications or bids to move to a larger classification. So far, Calhoun has appealed its placement in Class 5A. Christian Heritage has asked to play up to Class 2A, which likely would put them in the region with Coosa, Model, Pepperell, Chattooga, Gordon Central and Dade County. Kell has asked to play up in Class 6A. Agenda
Today: Georgia Middle School Athletic Association playoffs, second round: Rome 6th Grade hosts Wheeler at Rome High at 3:30 p.m.; Rome 7th Grade hosts Creekview at 6 p.m. at Barron Stadium; and Rome 8th Grade hosts Wheeler following the seventh grade game.
Today, the championships and consolation finals are set for the Unified Football League. The games will be played on Saturday, Nov. 9 at Riverview Park and the Boy and Girls Club. In the Junior Pee Wee Division, the Wildcats downed the Eagles 26-7, while the Raiders upended Dragons Gold 34-0 in the semifinals. The Wildcats will face the Eagles at 10 a.m. Saturday on Redmond Field #2 at Riverview Park in the championship game. Dragons Gold will square off against the Eagles at 10 a.m. in the consolation finals at the Boys and Girls Club Field 2. In the Pee Wee Division, the Blue Cats slipped past the Dirty Birds 22-20, while Dragons Black bested the Eagles 12-6 in the semifinals. That sets up a championship game match-up between the Dragons Black and the Blue Cats at 11:30 a.m. on High Tech Sign Field 1 at Riverview Park. The consolation final will feature the Eagles taking on the Dirty Birds at 11:30 a.m. at the Boys and Girls Club Field 1. (From Rome Floyd Parks and Recreation)
- Rome Braves’ 2020 season schedule; open at home with seven-game stretch on April 9. 2020
- Pictures: Mills Fitzner’s photos from 2008-18, archive / Click here to see the 2019 season’s galleries.