Truett’s Chick-fil-A Sports
HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL
- John McClellan’s high school playoffs snapshot plus: Close win for Darlington this Friday; Unity should advance to state; Cartersville, Pepperell, Rockmart earn Ws, too. McClellan
- Georgia Middle School Athletic Association playoffs, second round, Saturday: Rome 6th Grade hosts Wheeler at Rome High at 3:30 p.m.; Rome 7th Grade hosts Creekview at 6 p.m. at Barron Stadium; and Rome 8th Grade hosts Wheeler following the seventh grade game.
Tonight’s schedule: Bundle up tonight. We’re looking at 42 degrees at kickoff with a wind chill of 38.
- Peachtree Academy (7-3) at Unity Christian School (10-0)
- Darlington (9-0) at Fellowship Christian (9-0)
- Model (5-4, 5-1) at Rockmart (9-0, 6-0)
- Pepperell (7-2, 5-1) at Chattooga (5-4, 4-2)
- Gordon Central (2-7, 2-4) at Coosa (1-8, 1-5)
- Dade County (1-8, 1-5) at Armuchee (0-9, 0-6)
- Cartersville (9-0, 5-0) at Troup (6-3, 3-2)
- Chapel Hill (5-4, 2-3) at Cedartown (4-5, 3-2)
- Calhoun (8-1, 6-1) at Lakeview-Fort Oglethorpe (4-5, 4-3)
- Sonoraville (5-4, 4-3) at North Murray (8-1, 7-0)
- Kell (7-2, 5-2) at Woodland (1-8, 0-7)
- Cass (3-6, 2-5) at Paulding County (3-6, 2-5)
- Trion (5-4) at Mount Paran Christian (4-4)
- Off this week: Adairsville, Rome
The championships and consolation finals are set for the Unified Football League. The games will be played on Saturday, Nov. 9 at Riverview Park and the Boy and Girls Club.
In the Junior Pee Wee Division, the Wildcats downed the Eagles 26-7, while the Raiders upended Dragons Gold 34-0 in the semifinals. The Wildcats will face the Eagles at 10 a.m. Saturday on Redmond Field #2 at Riverview Park in the championship game. Dragons Gold will square off against the Eagles at 10 a.m. in the consolation finals at the Boys and Girls Club Field 2.
In the Pee Wee Division, the Blue Cats slipped past the Dirty Birds 22-20, while Dragons Black bested the Eagles 12-6 in the semifinals. That sets up a championship game match-up between the Dragons Black and the Blue Cats at 11:30 a.m. on High Tech Sign Field 1 at Riverview Park. The consolation final will feature the Eagles taking on the Dirty Birds at 11:30 a.m. at the Boys and Girls Club Field 1. (From Rome Floyd Parks and Recreation)
- Rome Braves’ 2020 season schedule; open at home with seven-game stretch on April 9. 2020
- Pictures: Mills Fitzner’s photos from 2008-18, archive / Click here to see the 2019 season’s galleries.