-Listen by clicking the above arrow or even easier, click here.
A busy start to Friday including:
- The big story today is a power outage in East Rome that has 900 customers in the dark. The big issue is traffic lights in the area including Turner McCall and Second Avenue, especially with the morning commute and area schools. Continuing updates on the way site. We could see more of this today as we’ll have gusts topping 20 mph.
- Herb Ballenger now in the kitchen at Creekside in Cave Spring. Barterhouse Bar and Grill just about ready in Rockmart.
- Druck Report: Mark Cochran on winning a Rome City Commission seat — and his dazzling blueprint for shaping a very different future for the community.
- Georgia Health News: Latest safety ratings for area hospitals show ‘A’ for Redmond, Cartersville, Gordon; B for Floyd.
- Weekend! presented by The Forum River Center: Film festival continues at three sites. Soul Food Dinner. Christmas events. ‘FansGiving’ at LakePoint.
- Rant of the Day: Remember ‘Hail, Rome” by Forbes magazine? Time for a sequel.
Hometown Headlines broadcasts & text alerts:
- Newscasts and podcasts: Our weekday newscasts and Druck Report interviews. See HHPodcast at Apple Podcasts, Spotify.
- Subscribe to our free local deal alert: Discounts, BOGOs, other local deals. Text 313131; Hometowndeal in the message field.
- Subscribe to our free newscast/podcast text alerts.Text 313131; in the message field, type HHpodcasts.
- Subscribe to our free major news alerts. Text 313131; in the message field, type HometownRome. Brought to you by Heritage First Bank.