-Listen by clicking the above arrow or even easier, click here.
While watching for the rain, these items:
- Dining: Updates on Aventine, including opening before Thanksgiving, hours, menu overview, photos.Rome City Brewing’s ‘community cookout’ moves to Nov. 16 (chili).
- Business: Greater Community Bank welcomes Cartersville lenders Richard Carlton and Tina Hudson. Georgia named top business climate for seventh consecutive year.
- Broad Street, DeSoto Theatre represent Georgia in MSN’s collage of ‘most beautiful main street in every state.’
- Education: 10 Rome High students nominated for the Governor’s Honors Program.
- Weekend! presented by The Forum River Center: Film festival continues at three sites. Soul Food Dinner. Christmas events. ‘FansGiving’ at LakePoint.
- Buzz: ‘One Community Sundays’ debuts Nov. 17; first church: St. Mary’s. Homelessness Task Force meeting moves to Nov. 21. Cedartown Veterans Day service set.
- Rant of the Day: Time to play ‘Survivor’ if you’re an incumbent Rome City commissioner.
Hometown Headlines broadcasts & text alerts:
- Newscasts and podcasts: Our weekday newscasts and Druck Report interviews. See HHPodcast at Apple Podcasts, Spotify.
- Subscribe to our free local deal alert: Discounts, BOGOs, other local deals. Text 313131; Hometowndeal in the message field.
- Subscribe to our free newscast/podcast text alerts.Text 313131; in the message field, type HHpodcasts.
- Subscribe to our free major news alerts. Text 313131; in the message field, type HometownRome. Brought to you by Heritage First Bank.