- Elections: Newcomers Bojo, Cochran win as does returning commissioner Askew. Incumbents Collins, Stevenson and McDaniel re-elected; ‘brunch bill’ easily passes. Election analysis plus commission profiles.
- Elections/regional: Santini wins new term as mayor in Cartersville. Updates from Bartow, Gordon, Polk counties.
- Health: Floyd Health System, Atrium Health combining. What it means to the healthcare organization.
- Business: Dulaneys sell three Rome Goo-Goo car washes to International Car Wash Group.
- Business: Chicken Salad Chick’s parent company sold; founder Stacy Brown comments on what it means. Also: New thrift store planned for West Rome at former Fred’s site.
- Education: Calhoun’s Brandon Dyer, who battled back from injuries sustained in an accident involving a distracted driver, chosen as Georgia Northwestern’s EAGLE winner.
- Buzz: Homelessness task force meets Thursday.Democrats focus on ’20 Thursday. Downtowns in Rome, Cartersville set open house events. Honors for Fusion, Berry.
- Newscast: An audio edition of today’s headlines; Peaks & Valleys, election edition.
- Ware Mechanical Weather Center: Sunny and 71 today; down to 32 degrees by Saturday morning.
- Obituaries: Janiece Braden, Sondra Elaine Gresham, Nancy Slonaker Hunter, Ralph McClure Sr., Kathleen Godfrey Smith, Calvin Stinson, Dortha Lennett Watkins, Mary Joyce Worley.
- Public Health restaurant inspection scores. Dining
- Greater Community Bank CrimeWatch: Updates on arrests. Crimewatch
Truett’s Chick-fil-A Sports Report: Sports
- John McClellan’s high school playoffs snapshot plus: Close win for Darlington this Friday; Unity should advance to state; Cartersville, Pepperell, Rockmart earn Ws, too. McClellan
Some changes for area schools as GHSA reclassifies what levels athletics will compete in during 2020-21. Rome moves to 6A; Cartersville, Calhoun to 5A; Armuchee to 1A Public wth Trion. Classifications
The first four teams in the College Football Playoffs poll are … Ohio State, LSU, Alabama and Penn State. Georgia: No. 6.COLLEGE FOOTBALL/Saturday
ATLANTA FALCONS: Sunday at New Orleans, 1 p.m.
- Berry Vikings: At Centre College, 1 p.m.
- Shorter Hawks. At Barron Stadium vs. Allen University, 1 p.m.
- Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets. At Virginia, 12:30 p.m.
- Georgia Bulldogs. At home vs. Missouri, 7 p.m.
Hometown Headlines broadcasts & text alerts.
- Broadcasts: Free weekday newscasts and rants, and Druck Report interviews. At Apple Podcasts, Spotify.
- Subscribe to our free local deal alert: Discounts, BOGOs and other deals. $25 per deal. Text 313131; in the message field, type Hometowndeal.
- Subscribe to our free newscast/podcast text alerts. Text 313131; in the message field, type HHpodcasts.
- Subscribe to our major news alerts. Text 313131; in the message field, type HometownRome. Brought to you by Heritage First Bank.