-Listen by clicking the above arrow or even easier, click here.
Continuing headlines from Hometown Headlines:
- Dining: Sign’s up at new Little Caesar’s as opening day is now just a few weeks away. Also, two Philly Cheesesteak spots are under consideration in Rome. One appears to pretty much be a done deal.
- Aluminum cups are among the products Ball Corp. plans to make with $200 million investment coming to Shannon with 180 more jobs. Opening is set for late 2020. Interesting sidebar: The 67 acres Ball bought in that area will not be used for this. Plus: This is the second expansion at Ball in a little over three years. The company added 40 jobs and announced a $50 million investment here in April 2016.
- An earlier Public Health inspection report at the now-closed Budgetel Inn in Cartersville found evidence of roaches, mold but also earned an overall score of 84 out of 100. The previous score from 2018 was 93. Bartow officials continue to aid 200 displaced tentants.
- Jobs: 1,000 more jobs here last month vs. September 2018 but first-time jobless claims also rise. State sets employment record. Plus: Who’s hiring.
- Wednesday night’s Fields of Faith gathering at Pepperell High drew 1,800 area students.
- Weekend! presented by The Forum River Center: BooFest, Walk With a Doc, Bluegrass & Roots Festival, chili cookout, John Wisdom ride on the agenda.
- Rave of the Day: Salute the Ball Corp. expansion deal perhaps with something from a can produced in Shannon.
Hometown Headlines broadcasts & text alerts:
- Newscasts and podcasts: Our weekday newscasts and Druck Report interviews. See HHPodcast at Apple Podcasts, Spotify.
- Subscribe to our free local deal alert: Discounts, BOGOs, other local deals. Text 313131; Hometowndeal in the message field.
- Subscribe to our free newscast/podcast text alerts.Text 313131; in the message field, type HHpodcasts.
- Subscribe to our free major news alerts. Text 313131; in the message field, type HometownRome. Brought to you by Heritage First Bank.