Truett’s Chick-fil-A Sports
Mason Kinsey earned the Southern Athletic Association Football Special Teams Player of the Week nod, the league office announced on Monday. Kinsey led the No. 7 Berry College football team to a 27-9 victory over previously unbeaten Hendrix College on Saturday. He tied a program record with 10 receptions, collecting 136 receiving yards (top-10 in program history) and two total touchdowns. He earned 248 all-purpose yards, which is the second most in Berry football history. Kinsey scored the first touchdown of the game on the final play of the first quarter. He caught a 36-yard pass from Gavin Gray to put the Vikings up 10-0. Before the half, he returned a 97-yard kickoff for a touchdown, setting the program record for longest kick return and just the second kickoff return for a score in Berry’s history. Kinsey leads the SAA with 107.0 receiving yards per game and nine receiving touchdowns.
HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL
- John McClellan’s high school picks: Friday’s big games include Rockmart-Pepperell; Cartersville-Sandy Creek; Chattooga-Model. Unity plays Saturday. McClellan
- Georgia Public Broadcasting to televise Friday’s Cartersville-Sandy Creek game beginning at 7:30 p.m.
LOCAL. STATE COLLEGE FOOTBALL
- Berry Vikings: At Birmingham-Southern, 7 p.m., Saturday. Vikings
- Shorter Hawks. At home vs. North Greenville for homecoming on Saturday, 1 p.m. at Barron Stadium. Hawks
- Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets Next: At Miami on Saturday, TBA. Jackets
- Georgia Bulldogs. Next: At home vs. Kentucky, Saturday, TBA. Bulldogs
ATLANTA UNITED: Next up: Playoffs on Saturday at MBS. ATLUTD
- Rome Braves’ 2020 season schedule; open at home with seven-game stretch on April 9. 2020
- Pictures: Mills Fitzner’s photos from 2008-18, archive / Click here to see the 2019 season’s galleries.