-Listen by clicking the above arrow or even easier, click here.
Monday’s first news and our rant of the day, “Block the Vote.”
- Meet The BoilMasters: We spotted these guys on Facebook in recent days having more fun than should be allowed, serving up barrels of low country boil. It turns out, they do it not for profit but to benefit local nonprofits who auction their services. Read about a fun little enterprise that lets three good friends hang out together while helping their community in turn.
- First, advance voting starts today at 8 a.m. and continues until 5 p.m. at the health department on East 12th This is the only place to vote in advance and will be open weeks through Friday, Nov. 1. Weekend voting is still up in the air. No civic center, yellow brick courthouse or West Rome church this time.
- We have two candidate forums or get togethers this week, the first at Fuddruckers brought to you by the Rome TEA party and conservative coalition, and the second Thursday evening at the Division Street complex brought to you by 100 Black Men and others.
- We also have links to all our stories on the 2019 city commission candidates as well as the video edition of Community Watch’s candidate interviews.
- In health news, Gordon County Schools have adopted new policies dealing with vaping. Get this: it is for students in sixth through 12th grades.
- Rant of the Day: A new early voting location. No weekend voting. Is someone trying to ‘Block the Vote’?
Hometown Headlines broadcasts & text alerts:
- Newscasts and podcasts: Our weekday newscasts and Druck Report interviews. See HHPodcast at Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Spotify. Need help? Email us.
- Subscribe to our free local deal alert: Discounts, BOGOs and other deals from local businesses. Text 313131 with Hometowndeal in the message field.
- Subscribe to our free newscast/podcast text alerts.Text 313131; in the message field, type HHpodcasts.
- Subscribe to our free news alerts (critical updates only). Text 313131; in the message field, type HometownRome. Brought to you by Heritage First Bank.