- Politics: Miscommunication between City of Rome and Floyd Board of Elections office puts weekend early voting in limbo. Meeting planned for Tuesday to discuss matter with state elections office. Politics
- Business: Walgreens closing Rockmart store on Nathan Dean Bypass; will reopen as ‘small-format’ store at new location on Nov. 8. Business
- Pumpkins arrive today at Trinity United Methodist Church; open daily now through Oct. 31. Pumpkins
- Weekend! presented by The Forum River Center. Violinist Tim Reynolds surprises fans at Fiddlin’ Fest. Two Sunday concerts. Next weekend: Chili Cookoff, John Wisdom Wagon Train and more. Weekend
Buzz: Free showing of ‘To Kingdom Come’ on Oct. 21. Repairs to US 411 in Bartow on Tuesday. Open house/ribbon cutting for Winthrop Memory Care on Nov. 1. Concert to benefit Elevation House. Buzz
Broadcasts: Please see our latest podcasts, Alli Mitchell from United Way and the founders of Drowned Valley Brewing founders. Newscast, rant return Monday.
Ware Mechanical Weather Center: A 40% chance of rain and thunderstorms today, high near 72. More rain expected Tuesday. Forecast
Obituaries: Jose Manuel Guzman Benites, Mr. Thomas Ray Holder and Robert Jeffrey Williams. Obituaries
Public Health restaurant inspection scores return Tuesday. Dining
Greater Community Bank CrimeWatch: Updates on area arrests. Crimewatch
- Monday: Advance voting weekdays until Nov. 1. 8 a.m.-5 p.m., health department.
- Tuesday: The Rome TEA Party and the Conservative Coalition will hold a City Commission candidates forum at Fuddruckers.Begins at noon.
- Thursday: Political Forum. JoAnn Harbin Community Room, Willingham Gym, 560 N Division St., Rome. A social hour at 5 p.m.; the forum begins at 6.
Truett’s Chick-fil-A Sports Report: Sports
High school volleyball updates.
- Berry tops Hendrix, 27-9.
- Shorter falls at West Alabama, 41-0.
- Georgia Tech lost to Duke, 41-23.
- Georgia Bulldogs falls to South Carolina, 20-17, in 2OT.
ATLANTA FALCONS: At Arizona, 4 this afternoon. TV: Fox.
High School: John McClellan’s high school picks for this Friday; latest high school football rankings.
College: Berry at Birmingham-Southern, 7 p.m. Saturday; Shorter at Barron Stadium vs. North Greenville, 1 p.m. Saturday.
Falcons: Next: Home vs. L.A. Rams, 1 p.m. Sunday.
Hometown Headlines broadcasts & text alerts. Free and on demand, we offer our weekday newscasts and Druck Report interviews. Available at Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Spotify and all leading podcast outlets. Need help finding them? Email us.
- Two long-form podcasts this week: Alli Mitchell of United Way; the guys behind Drowned Valley Brewing in Cartersville.
- Subscribe to our free local deal alert: Discounts, BOGOs and other deals from local businesses (we don’t share your information). Text 313131 with Hometowndeal in the message field.
- Subscribe to our free newscast/podcast text alerts. Text 313131; in the message field, type HHpodcasts.
- Subscribe to our news alerts (critical updates only). Text 313131; in the message field, type HometownRome. Brought to you by Heritage First Bank.