- Ahead of the headlines: A year after Al Hodge’s ‘retirement’ announcement, puzzle pieces still missing. Expanding redevelopment? North Rome wants in. Plus: Who’s scripting the final days of Campaign 2019? Headlines
- Monday’s Rome City Commission meeting has three key issues on current agenda: urban camping, panhandling and expanding areas for public alcohol consumption (including Barron Stadium). Commission
- Weekend! presented by The Forum River Center. Fiddlin’ Fest returns. Oktoberfest celebration. Mushroom, Covered Bridge festivals. Two Sunday concerts. Weekend
- Buzz: Youth Leadership Summit draws more than 500 students including some from Armuchee High. Season’s final Walk With a Doc is Oct. 19. Job fair Oct. 25 at Rome Career Center. Buzz
- Broadcasts: Please see our latest podcasts, Alli Mitchell from United Way and the founders of Drowned Valley Brewing founders. Our Newscast, rant return Monday.
- Ware Mechanical Weather Center: Two shots at rain between Sunday and Tuesday; today’s high: 71. Weather
- Obituaries: Mrs. Bernice Louise Givens Bowling, Mrs. Katherine Hightower, Mr. David Lee Smith. Obituaries
- Public Health restaurant inspection scores. Dining
- Greater Community Bank CrimeWatch: Updates on area arrests. Crimewatch
- Monday: Advance voting weekdays until Nov. 1. 8 a.m.-5 p.m., health department.
- Tuesday: The Rome TEA Party and the Conservative Coalition will hold a City Commission candidates forum at Fuddruckers.Begins at noon.
- Thursday: Political Forum. JoAnn Harbin Community Room, Willingham Gym, 560 N Division St., Rome. A social hour at 5 p.m.; the forum begins at 6.
Truett’s Chick-fil-A Sports Report: Sports
HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL
- Friday night scores. Big wins for Rome, Unity, Cartersville, Cedartown and Calhoun.
- John McClellan: How did John pick’em this week?
- Sunday: Latest high school rankings.
COLLEGE FOOTBALL today:
- Berry hosts Hendrix, 2 p.m.
- Shorter at West Alabama, 5 p.m.
- Georgia Tech at Duke, 12:30 p.m.
- Georgia vs. South Carolina, noon.
ATLANTA FALCONS: At Arizona, 4 p.m. Sunday.
Hometown Headlines broadcasts & text alerts. Free and on demand, we offer our weekday newscasts and Druck Report interviews. Available at Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Spotify and all leading podcast outlets. Need help finding them? Email us.
- Two long-form podcasts this week: Alli Mitchell of United Way; the guys behind Drowned Valley Brewing in Cartersville.
- Subscribe to our free local deal alert: Discounts, BOGOs and other deals from local businesses (we don’t share your information). Text 313131 with Hometowndeal in the message field.
- Subscribe to our free newscast/podcast text alerts. Text 313131; in the message field, type HHpodcasts.
- Subscribe to our news alerts (critical updates only). Text 313131; in the message field, type HometownRome. Brought to you by Heritage First Bank.