- Dining & Drink: Swift & Finch’s unique mobile van back on the road again. Oktoberfest at The Vogue to feature Tim Reynolds. Rome City Brewing expands to Ala. Preview of our podcast with latest craft brewery coming to our area. D & D
- First Floyd County Schools start new Visitor Management System on Monday. What it means and how it works. Education
- Education: Rome City Schools names Ashley Hamby teacher of the year, Luis Goya as runner-up. Support person of the year: Roderick Ware. Rome Schools
- Early voting starts Monday at the Floyd County Health Department, ends Nov. 1. Updated links to candidate questions, video; hew forum; and election calendar. Politics
Newscast: Our audio headlines and the Rant of the Day.
Christian singer/songwriter Ellie Holcomb to appear at Young Life of Rome/Floyd County event on Oct. 27. Young Life
Buzz: Job fair set for Oct. 22 at Rome Career Center. Georgia Highlands’ streamlines police hot lines. Georgia tax collections up slightly in September.
Weather: Ware Mechanical Weather Center: Low to mid 80s, mostly sunny skies. Cooler mornings by the weekend.
Obituaries: Mr. Tommy Darrell Dabbs, Rondy Pearson Fuller, Mrs. Shirley Louise Burgess Turner.
- Public Health restaurant inspection scores. Dining
- Greater Community Bank CrimeWatch: Updates on area arrests. Crimewatch
Politics: Click for expanded stories, updates.
- Candidate profiles, Q&A for the Ward 1 and Ward 3 Rome City Commission hopefuls. Also: Candidate forums, advance voting update.
- Monday: Advance voting starts at the health department; ends Nov. 1. Weekdays 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Oct. 15: The Rome TEA Party and the Conservative Coalition will hold a City Commission candidates forum at Fuddruckers.The meeting begins at noon.
- Oct. 17: Political Forum. JoAnn Harbin Community Room, Willingham Gym, 560 N Division St., Rome. A social hour at 5 p.m.; the forum begins at 6.
Truett’s Chick-fil-A Sports Report: Sports
- John McClellan’s high school picks. Cartersville, Unity should keep unbeaten streaks alive this week. McClellan.
- Softball results from Tuesday: Rockmart, Woodland advance. Pepperell eliminated.
LOCAL, STATE COLLEGE FOOTBALL
- Today: Saint Louis at Atlanta, 5:02 p.m., TBS
ATLANTA FALCONS: At Arizona, 4 p.m. Sunday, TV: Fox. Radio: 92.9 The Game.
Hometown Headlines broadcasts & text alerts. Free and on demand, we offer our weekday newscasts and Druck Report interviews. Available at Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Spotify and all leading podcast outlets. Need help finding them? Email us.
- NEW: Two long-form podcasts this week.
- Subscribe to our free local deal alert: Discounts, BOGOs and other deals from local businesses (we don’t share your information). Text 313131 with Hometowndeal in the message field.
- Subscribe to our free newscast/podcast text alerts. Text 313131; in the message field, type HHpodcasts.
- Subscribe to our news alerts (critical updates only). Text 313131; in the message field, type HometownRome. Brought to you by Heritage First Bank.