Truett’s Chick-fil-A Sports
HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL
- John McClellan’s high school picks: Darlington-Christian Heritage among state’s tops games this Friday. Rome, Cartersville, Rockmart should coast. McClellan.
- Cartersville, Rockmart hold at no. 1 in their classes; Darlington in no. 4 in A-Private, Rome holds at no. 8 in 5A. Colleges: Alabama takes over no. 1 spot; Clemson, second; Georgia, third. Rankings
Rome Middle School swept all three games on the road on Saturday.
- Rome Sixth Grade 36, Cambridge 0
- Rome Seventh Grade 42, Cambridge 20
- Rome Eighth Grade 28, Cambridge 18
- RMS will host East Paulding Saturday.
LOCAL COLLEGE FOOTBALL
- Atlanta Falcons. Atlanta now 1-3 after losing to Titans, 24-10., on Sunday. Next: At Houston, 1 p.m. Sunday. TV: Fox. Radio: 92.9 The Game. Falcons
ATLANTA BRAVES PLAYOFFS
National League Divisional Series, best of five games. Track playoffs
- Thursday: Saint Louis at Atlanta. Awaiting game times.
- Friday: Saint Louis at Atlanta
- Sunday: Atlanta at Saint Louis
- Monday: Atlanta at Saint Louis (if necessary)
- Wednesday: Saint Louis at Atlanta (if necessary)
- Atlanta Braves: Latest updates @ Atlanta
- Rome Braves’ 2020 season schedule; open at home with seven-game stretch on April 9. 2020
- Pictures: Mills Fitzner’s photos from 2008-18, archive / Click here to see the 2019 season’s galleries.
Rome Floyd Parks and Recreation to launch the Monday-Wednesday Walking Club on Oct. 7. Every Monday and Wednesday, starting on Monday, Oct. 7, walkers of all ages are encouraged to meet in the main parking lot at Ridge Ferry Park at 11 a.m. Rome Floyd Parks and Recreation has laid out a couple of routes for both new and experienced walkers. The routes are easy with hardly any hills and offer distances from one to three miles. Parks and recreation staff will be on hand to help lead the walks, and we’ll have water for after the walk. For more: rfpra.com/walkingclub.
The 2019 Willard Nixon Hall of Fame Golf Tournament is set to tee off on Friday, Oct. 25 at Stonebridge Golf Course. The event, which raises money to benefit the John Pinson Outstanding Student Athlete Scholarship Program, is a four-person scramble with check-in starting at 11:30 a.m. and shotgun start at 1 p.m. The $300 team fee includes lunch, greens fee and carts. Hole sponsorships are still available and mulligans may be purchased the day of the event. For more: Vivian Richmier at firstname.lastname@example.org