Truett’s Chick-fil-A Sports
LOCAL COLLEGE FOOTBALL
- Berry College Vikings: Berry gets another win with 31-14 victory over Millsaps. Next: Berry at Sewanee, 2 p.m., Oct. 5. Vikings
Game release: The No. 10 Berry College football team scored 28 points in the second half to secure a 31-14 win over the Millsaps College Majors on Saturday afternoon. The win preserves Berry’s undefeated record as the team now sits at 4-0 overall and 2-0 in the Southern Athletic Association (SAA). Both offenses sputtered out of the gate, with the first six possessions resulting in a punt. A 30-yard Trey Gregory field goal gave Berry a 3-0 halftime lead. On Berry’s first play from scrimmage after the half, Heath Burchfield found Mason Kinsey for a 69-yard score to put Berry up 10-0. The Major’s next possessions would end with a 38-yard interception by Devin Grier for a score, giving the Vikings a 17-0 advantage in under two minutes after the halftime break. Millsaps’ Amryn Jeffrey found Moise Tezzo for a 50-yard score in the third to cut the lead to 17-7. On Berry’s first possession in the fourth quarter, Isaiah Dawson sprung loose for a 37-yard carry setting Berry up inside the Majors’ 20-yard line. Darius Barnum was able to punch it in for a score and give Berry a 24-7 lead. Cullen Carlin recovered a fumble on the next possession at the Millsaps’ 17-yard line, giving Gavin Gray the chance to find Mason Kinsey in the corner of the end zone to give Berry a 31-7 lead. The Majors scored once more after a big play to Austin Russell. The Vikings travel to Sewanee (0-4) on Oct. 5 for a 2:00 p.m. (ET) kickoff.
- Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets fall on road at Temple, 24-2. Next: Tech will host North Carolina, Oct. 5 at 4 p.m. Jackets
- Georgia Bulldogs. Off Saturday. Next: At Tennessee, Oct. 5, 7 p.m., ESPN. Radio: WSB 95.5 FM. Bulldogs
HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL
- Latest high school football rankings posting later today.
- John McClellan’s high school picks: New picks coming on Monday.
- Atlanta Falcons. Atlanta hosts Titans, 1 p.m. Sunday, CBS. Falcons
- Vote now for Charlie ‘Clutch’ Culberson as baseball’s Roberto Clemente winner. Deadline is Sunday. What to know
- Rome Braves’ 2020 season schedule; open at home with seven-game stretch on April 9. 2020
- Pictures: Mills Fitzner’s photos from 2008-18, archive / Click here to see the 2019 season’s galleries.
- Atlanta Braves: Latest updates @ Atlanta