Video interviews with all nine Rome City Commission candidates, Wards One and Three.
The candidates were interviewed by Dr. Jon Hershey and Greg Shropshire of Georgia Highland’s Community Watch program in a series of recordings conducted on Monday, Sept. 23, at Heritage Hall. Produced by Jeff Brown, the five-part series is now available via YouTube. Each part is linked below as well.
Their questions included economic development, why each is running for office, homelessness, downtown parking, city schools and the bus decision, minority opportunities in local business and addressing safety concerns in the community and historic preservation. Each candidate was given around 14 minutes.
- Ward 1, Bill Irmscher, incumbent, and Ward 3, Bill Collins, mayor/commission, incumbent. Part one
- Ward 3, Craig McDaniel, incumbent, and Ward 1, Milton Slack, incumbent. Part two
- Ward 1, Sundai Stevenson, incumbent, and Ward 3, J.J. Walker Seifert, challenger. Part three
- Ward 1, Jim Bojo, challenger, and Ward 1, Mark Cochran, challenger. Part four
- Ward 3, Bonny Askew, challenger. Part five
- Jim Bojo
- Mark Cochran
- Bill Irmscher
- Milton Slack
- Sundai Stevenson
- Bonny Askew
- Bill Collins
- Craig McDaniel
- J.J. Walker Seifert
Also on the Nov. 5 (and advance/absentee voting) ballot is the “Sunday Brunch” referendum where with city voters will decide whether to start alcohol sales in restaurant at 11 a.m. on Sundays vs. the current 12:30 p.m.