Truett’s Chick-fil-A Sports
Berry Volleyball rockets to No. 4 in AVCA Top-25 (Release) After a 3-1 weekend at the Berry National Invitational including a near-reverse sweep of the No. 1 Emory University Eagles, the Vikings volleyball team shot up to No. 4 in the American Volleyball Coaches Association (AVCA) Top-25, a new program best. The Vikings earned wins over then No. 20 UMHB, No. 14 CNU and a hot Endicott team. Berry’s record currently sits at 6-1 and now boast wins over three nationally ranked opponents.
Athens Named Berry Women’s Lacrosse Assistant Coach (Release) The Berry College women’s lacrosse program announced Katherine Athens as the team’s new assistant coach this afternoon. Athens began her coaching career with a three-year stint at Messiah College, one of the premier teams in NCAA Division III.
Men’s Lacrosse Names Linnan Newest Assistant Coach (Release) The Berry College men’s lacrosse program announced John Linnan as the team’s new assistant coach this afternoon. Linnan most recently served as the assistant coach and defensive coordinator at Keiser University in West Palm Beach, Fla.
Viking Fusion to provide live broadcast of Saturday’s football game: “The first home football game is this Saturday at 6 p.m. If you can’t attend the game, you can watch our live broadcast of the game at vikingfusion.com.” Berry hosts LaGrange.
HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL
- Atlanta Falcons. Next: Atlanta’s home opener vs. the Eagles, 8:20 p.m. Sunday, NBC. Falcons
- Rome Braves’ 2020 season schedule; open at home with seven-game stretch on April 9. 2020
- The South Atlantic League’s All-Star game returns to Rome June 23. All-Star
- Pictures: Mills Fitzner’s photos from 2008-18, archive / Click here to see the 2019 season’s galleries.
- Atlanta Braves: Latest updates @ Atlanta
Saturday: The Roman Rumble 5K Ulti-MUTT Health-Walk returns to Ridge Ferry Park at 8 a.m. Saturday. One of the longest-running 5K events in Rome, the event takes place at Ridge Ferry Park, utilizing a paved path along the scenic Oostanaula River. It will include vendors, food trucks, inflatables, doggie costume contest, and most importantly lots of dogs! This event benefits Harbor House, to provide free of charge in-house counseling for child victims of abuse, to implement prevention safety programs in local schools, to provide a child-friendly environment, and to also help us continue our day to day operations. Details
- Rome Floyd Parks & Recreation starting Adult Men’s Flag Football League: Fresh off the success of the Men’s Summer Basketball League, Rome Floyd Parks and Recreation would like to announce registration is about to open for our brand new Men’s Flag Football League. Registration is open and runs through Tuesday, Sept. 24. Players need to be 18 and older and out of high school. Cost is $500 per team. Those wishing to play but not yet on a team can sign up as an individual player for $60. Teams will consist of seven to 16 players with the season beginning in October. For more information, please contact Jay Houston via email at email@example.com.
- Rome-Floyd Parks and Rec’s Fall Guide. Parks and Rec has posted the early Fall Guide online.