- Tentative list of Homelessness Task Force members posted; meeting set for 9:30 a.m. Thursday in the Carnegie Training Room. Advocates urging large turnout. Task force
- Business: Georgia named the top state for doing business for the sixth consecutive year. Business
- Politics: Bartow, Paulding counties to test state’s new balloting system on Nov. 5. Sunday Brunch Bill added to Rome ballot. League to talk Census, redistricting. Voting calendar. Voting
- Updated: Traps set in Between the Rivers neighborhoods to capture wild dogs as eight cats now have been killed. Also: Two wild dog packs spotted in East Rome killed two deer. Dogs
- Business: Bank buys back assets of closed Calhoun radio station. Williams joins River City Bank. Shaw Create Centre in Cartersville. Rome’s Downtown Development board meets Thursday. Business
- Education: Berry College earns ‘best value’ rating from U.S. News. Floyd School Board meets Monday. Education
- Newscast: An audio version of today’s headlines plus our rant of the day. Newscast
- Ware Mechanical Weather Center: Most power restored after late-night storms. Upper 90s due Thursday, Friday; a tad cooler over the weekend, upper 80s by Monday. Weather
- Obituaries: Jerry Franklin Boyd, George Melvin Lester, Mrs. Mary Frances Bush Van Meter. Obituaries
- Public Health restaurant inspection scores. Dining
- Greater Community Bank CrimeWatch: Updates on area arrests, police reports from across Northwest Georgia. Crimewatch
Hometown Headlines broadcasts & text alerts. Free and on demand, we offer our weekday newscasts and Druck Report interviews. Available at Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Spotify and all leading podcast outlets. Need help finding them? Email us.
- NEW: Subscribe to our free local deal alert: Discounts, BOGOs and other deals from local businesses (we don’t share your information). Text 313131 with Hometowndeal in the message field.
- Subscribe to our free newscast/podcast text alerts. Text 313131; in the message field, type HHpodcasts.
- Subscribe to our news alerts (critical updates only). Text 313131; in the message field, type HometownRome. Brought to you by Heritage First Bank.
Truett’s Chick-fil-A Sports Report: Sports
- John McClellan’s high school picks for the week: Rome over Kell in key showdown. Easy wins for Cartersville, Calhoun; victory for Rockmart. McClellan
Home openers for Berry, Shorter football this Saturday.
- Local state college updates including national ranking for Berry volleyball.
Atlanta Falcons on Sunday Night Football next at home vs. the Eagles.
- Roman Rumble notes.
- Community sports updates.