A week of changes in the local fast-food market starts today as the Hardee’s at 2300 Shorter Ave. (next to Sam’s Club) closing after business hours on Monday. An employee says the staff is being transferred to other restaurants. The East Rome location is open as normal.
The closing comes as Popeye’s opens just down the highway near Lowe’s and Chicken Salad Chick opens on Martha Berry on Tuesday.
It means another vacancy on Shorter Avenue following Sonny’s/West End Grill, Long John Silver’s and the former home of Burger King. BK has jumped the highway to former Popeye’s location and Del Taco is scheduled to take the one-time Burger King spot.
- The Healing Arts Center of Rome will be closing as of the end of September. We all will continue with our individual integrative health care practices but together we will no longer be the Healing Arts Center of Rome.
- I myself, and Breathe Yoga Therapy, will be taking the private practice home. Private clients will be informed of the new location upon appointment scheduling.
- The Monday 5:30 p.m. Gentle Yoga and 6:45 p.m. Free iRest Meditation will move to Springstone Yoga in the Rome Manufacturing Building at the corner of Second Avenue and Eat Third Street.
- The Thursday morning free iRest Meditation will be hosted by The Family Resource Center in the Serve Rome Building at Rome’s First United Methodist Church starting in September. The time will shift to 9 a.m. to accommodate the moms dropping off at the preschool.
- It has been a true honor to serve Rome at the Healing Arts Center of Rome. — Beth
- For an expanded report, please click Facebook