Tickets for Mother’s Finest on sale @ forumrivercenter.com
Today-Sunday: Rome Braves host Columbia comes for a three-game home stand. Saturday will feature post-game fireworks (presented in part by Hometown Headlines). Sunday is Family Fun Day with the $50 Family Fun Day Package (over $100 value) includes 4 tickets, 4 hamburgers OR hot dogs, 4 sodas, 4 popcorns, 4 hats + free Kid Zone inflatable wristbands. Game times: Friday at 7 p.m., Saturday at 6 p.m. and Sunday at 2 p.m.
- Current Atlanta Braves stars Dansby Swanson and Austin Riley are scheduled to rehab with the Rome Braves at State Mutual Stadium for the remainder of the current home stand. Barring schedule changes, Swanson is currently slated to play Friday and Saturday. Riley is currently scheduled to play Friday, Saturday and Sunday in Rome. Tickets: Rome Braves
Tonight-Sunday: Chattooga County Agricultural Fair: Hours: Now under way at 40 Middle School Road in Summerville. Click for ticket information. Hours:
- Friday: 5-11 p.m.
- Saturday: 2-11 p.m.
- Sunday: 2-9 p.m.
Friday: The Forum River Center in collaboration with Ready or Not Entertainment announces a concert featuring Georgia-based Mother’s Finest. The internationally known funk rock band will perform on Friday, Aug. 23, at 7:30 p.m., at The Forum RIver Center along with The Vintage Vixens. Jimmy Hall, an Alabama native, also will join the show. To purchase tickets visit: www.forumrivercenter.com or call 888-479-6300. What to know about Friday night’s concerts?
What can the fans expect from Mother’s Finest on Friday night? Expect to dance, dance, dance. There will be a lot of rock ‘n roll mixed in with fun and funk!
We love the ‘costars’ for this one. How did you dream up the team up?
- It’s easy to answer – Jimmy Hall is straight from Macon, Ga., and is to be considered “Rock Royalty.” From his Wet Willie days to being the music director for Hand Williams Jr., to being the primary vocalist for Jeff Beck. Jimmy is the best at his craft of blues. No one plays the blues harp like him.
- Mother’s Finest is indeed the finest. They are in the Rock ‘n Roll Hall of Fame. They are the originators for the blend of rock and funk. Their vocals are still strong and their music will get you up on your feet.
- Vintage Vixens is comprised of an all-female band. They touch on all our favorites we know and love from the ’60s and ’70s.
What’s the number one thing fans should expect at the concert? We have configured the room for the optimum experience with sound. The sight lines will be great and there will not be a bad seat in the house.
Can we get food and adult beverages at the concert? Absolutely! Our mixologist will be stationed in several areas of the building, no lines, no waiting. Our concessions will be serving the best burgers, fries, hot-dogs all affordably priced. A great big “thank you” goes out to our sponsors, Marriott, Coors and Miller.
Friday: The Shorter University School of Fine and Performing Arts will present the 2019 Faculty Gala featuring faculty members Indra Thomas, Jerico Vazquez and more. 7:30 p.m. in Brookes Chapel. Free and open to all.
- Farmers market at Ridge Ferry Park: Saturdays and Wednesday through Oct. 12. Hours: 7 until 11 a.m.
- Between the Rivers Farmers Market, Bridgepoint Plaza, 8-11:30 a.m. Saturdays.
- Cartersville Farmers Market, 7 a.m.-noon, in historic downtown Cartersville in the parking lot across the street from City Hall.
- Adairsville Farmers Market, 8:30 a.m.-noon, public square (through this Saturday).
Latest water samples from the above locations courtesy of Coosa River Basin Initiative. Click tests.
CRBI conducted bacterial water monitoring at four sites that included Euharlee Road boat ramp, Neel’s Landing off of US 411, Grizzard Park (soccer fields), and Heritage Park on Aug. 22. The results of those monitoring efforts showed that
- 83.6 cfu/100mL of E.coli were present at Euharlee Road
- 52.9 cfu/100mL were present at Neel’s Landing (411)
- 59.8 cfu/100mL were present at Grizzard Park
- 191.8 cfu/100mL of E.coli were present at Heritage Park
- 161.6 cfu/100mL of E.coli were present at Georgia 156 (Oostanaula).
This means that the amount of E.coli found at each site, with the exception of Heritage Park and Georgia 156 (Oostanaula), is considered safe for recreational use by the state of Georgia. The levels of E.coli found at Heritage Park and Ga. 156 are considered to pose a moderate risk of illness.
On the rivers: Check here if you’re planning a day on the water:
- River Ratz Tubing & Kayak: 706-728-4160. Closed this Sunday because of the forecast.
- Euharlee Creek Outfitters: 770-607-1846.
Local river levels