- Floyd County Schools report data breach with former vendor involving up to 6,400 student and staff names, dates, maybe emails on file between 2008 and 2015. Company offering credit monitoring. Breach
- First-time jobless claims up in July across Northwest Georgia. Big jump in jobs vs. last year but a drop compared to June’s number. State sets jobs record in July. Employment
- Health: ‘Crush the Crisis’ opiod take back is Sept. 7 at Remond; what to know. Saturday: Health Initiative for Men plus Women health fair; Walk With a Doc. Health
- Business: And they’re back — Murphy USA reopens by East Rome Walmart with new store, pumps, entrance/exit system. Murphy USA
- Weekend! presented by The Forum River Center: Tillman Race/Walk; Walk With a Doc; downtown Cartersville concert; free health fair; outdoors. Weekend
- Newscast: Rant of the day — Is this anyway to run local government? Plus: An audio edition of our headlines: County schools deal with data breach; so-so employment news. Newscast
- Ware Mechanical Weather Center: Smog alert for Bartow, metro Atlanta today. Mid 90s today, 99 forecast for Saturday. No break in the heat over the next seven days. Weather
- Reminder: Polk, Paulding family one episode away from $100,000 prize on ABC’s ‘Family Food Fight.’ Finale is 9 tonight. Food fight
- Buzz: Quick look at Ford Auditorium updates at Berry. Job fair for Hays State Prison is Aug. 21 at Rome Career Center; 70 spots open. GHC adds recreation administration courses. Buzz
- Obituaries: Martha B. Blaylock, John Geston Garner, Mr. Lennoise Hammond, Ms. Richenda Eugenia Richardson. Obituaries
- Public Health restaurant inspection scores. Dining
- Greater Community Bank CrimeWatch: Updates on area arrests, police reports from across Northwest Georgia. Crimewatch
Hometown Headlines broadcasts. Click here. Free and on demand, our weekday newscasts and Druck Report interviews.
Truett’s Chick-fil-A Sports Report: Sports
- Rome Braves fall 7-3 to Asheville; three games out of first place with 18 to play.
- Rome Braves open weekend series in Columbia tonight.
- High school football: Model scrimmage at Mount Zion.
- NFL: Falcons host Jets tonight.
Community sports updates.
- John McClellan’s high school football preview and first prediction of the season as Unity Christian plays Friday night. McClellan
- Colleges: Berry, Shorter, UGA and Tech.