Listen by clicking the above arrow or even easier, click here.
No decaf served here from your local news baristas. Today’s headlines include:
The East Rome Walmart’s $1.5 million retrofit comes to an end; online grocery pickup starts today. The nearby Murphy USA station is due to reopen on Aug. 19.
What’s behind the ‘Lindale Institute’ at Pepperell High? David Perdue confirms speech at GOP Rally at Tillman Hangar Saturday. General admission, patron tickets remain for Saturday’s Dance Challenge
Education: False alarm at Pepperell High on Thursday after a report of a student possibly possessing a firearm. Search finds no weapon.
Weekend! presented by The Forum River Center: Rome Braves at home in season’s final weeks. Chieftains’ low country boil. Rodeo at the fairgrounds. Night at the Museum.
Ware Mechanical Weather Center: Hot and humid today with a heat index of 99; highs in the mid-90s starting Sunday.
Rant of the Day: Nixon’s the One. Remembering some dubious days of our 37th president and what he’d think of today’s America, GOP, politics.
FOLLOW OUR FREE INTERVIEWS & NEWSCASTS
- Weekday newscasts: The latest headlines, a rant or two, Peaks & Valleys. Around eight minutes each, available between 7 and 8 a.m.
- The Druck Report: Our long-form interviews, now called The Druck Report and produced by our colleagues at Brand Red Studios in downtown Rome. All available on demand:
- Jay Shell on the explosive growth of Rome City Brewing Co. on Broad Street and what’s brewing.
- Todd Wofford and Jim Alred from Rome Floyd Parks & Rec. As changes continue, what’s ahead for the thousands using area parks, trails and rec programs.
- Carol Morgan of Denim Marketing of Cartersville was among the first to champion Facebook as a critical tool for her clients.
- City Commissioner Wendy Davis with millions of dollars worth of reasons why the 2020 Census is critical. Plus: Fall commission elections.
- A preview of the 2019 high school football season with John McClellan.
How to listen for free (and we’re here to help you start):
- Follow our podcasts at Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Spotify, Anchor, Google Podcasts, Breaker, Overcast and Radio Public. Need help subscribing? Just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org