Two ways to listen today: Our SoundCloud update (just click above once and you’re in) or on any of our podcast platforms (click below):
Listen by clicking the above arrow or even easier, click here.
OTR Wheel Engineering part of key industrial campus purchase in Gainesville (Northeast Georgia) for $9 million
Greater Community Bank to open Cartersville office at 2 N. Dixie Ave. It will be the bank’s fourth office in Floyd, Gordon and Bartow counties.
Buzz: Harbin Clinic’s Dr. Brad Bushnell is featured on WSB highlighting a ‘patch’ used in rotator cuff surgery… Rome Noon Optimist Club adds 100th member as organization celebrates centennial year… Puryear Detachment, Marine Corps League meets Saturday… Library offers silent auction
Education: Cartersville, Bartow County students return today
Podcasts: Former Roman Harry Musselwhite (and a colleague) join the podcast world with ‘The Dungball Express.’ Plus please join us for our Druck Report interviews.
Rant of the Day: Megamerger of two newspaper groups incites fears of less local news. Only you can decide if that’s true.
Area podcast fans, another familiar voice has joined the chorus — and this guy knows all about choruses. Harry Musselwhite, one of the better known figures in Greater Rome’s arts and entertainment community now in New Mexico, has partners with Donald Davenport to offer “The Dungball Express.” At times irreverent, at times snarky, all times entertaining, Harry and Donald have a trailer and one show now available from your favorite podcast source. We’ll link you in here via Stitcher or just search on Google (or click the image to the right). Here’s how they pitch it:
“Hosts Donald Davenport and Harry Musselwhite, veterans of the motion picture, television, and music worlds, present an delightfully irreverent podcast where they dish on their experiences and the challenges of creating in The Land of Enchantment. Why Dungball Express? If you’ve rolled as much crap as Donald and Harry, it almost becomes second nature.”
FOLLOW OUR FREE INTERVIEWS & NEWSCASTS
- Weekday newscasts: The latest headlines, a rant or two, Peaks & Valleys. Around eight minutes each, available between 7 and 8 a.m.
- The Druck Report: Our long-form interviews, now called The Druck Report and produced by our colleagues at Brand Red Studios in downtown Rome. All available on demand:
- Jay Shell on the explosive growth of Rome City Brewing Co. on Broad Street and what’s brewing.
- Todd Wofford and Jim Alred from Rome Floyd Parks & Rec. As changes continue, what’s ahead for the thousands using area parks, trails and rec programs.
- Carol Morgan of Denim Marketing of Cartersville was among the first to champion Facebook as a critical tool for her clients.
- City Commissioner Wendy Davis with millions of dollars worth of reasons why the 2020 Census is critical. Plus: Fall commission elections.
- A preview of the 2019 high school football season with John McClellan.
How to listen for free (and we’re here to help you start):
- Follow our podcasts at Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Spotify, Anchor, Google Podcasts, Breaker, Overcast and Radio Public. Need help subscribing? Just email us at email@example.com