- Updates from the Floyd County and Bartow County jails.
- 15 months later, still no cause in fire that gutted Callier Springs Country Club as cleanup — and golfing — continue. Fire marshal says the building wasn’t insured while the course was. Fire
- Services pending for 2018 Rome High graduate killed in traffic accident Friday night. Fatality
- Politics: Busy week with Floyd GOP Women meeting Tuesday, Tillman Hangar rally on Saturday. Rome City Commission qualifying starts Aug. 19. Politics
- Back to school: St. Mary’s Catholic School returns today; Bartow County and Cartersville on Wednesday; and Calhoun City on Thursday. Education
- Newscast: The broadcast edition of today’s headlines; what’s on our news radar and a rant or two. Newscast
- The DeSoto turns 90 today. Activities including staging the photo taken nine decades ago, a look at the theater’s first ‘talkie’ and a preview of the locally produced ‘Tate’s Hell.’ The DeSoto
- Ware Mechanical Weather Center: Back to the mid 90s by Tuesday. Rain chance all week: 20%-30% Weather
- Obituaries: Mrs. Glenda Sue Bishop Little, Mr. James Wilkerson. Obituaries
- Public Health restaurant inspection scores return Tuesday. Dining
- Greater Community Bank CrimeWatch: Updates on area arrests, police reports from across Northwest Georgia. Crimewatch
Hometown Headlines broadcasts. Click here. Free and on demand, our weekday newscasts and Druck Report interviews.
- Jay Shell on the explosive growth of Rome City Brewing Co. and what’s brewing.
- Todd Wofford and Jim Alred with updates on Rome Floyd Parks & Rec.
- Carol Morgan of Denim Marketing: Why your business needs social media.
- John McClellan: A preview of the 2019 high school football season.
- Now at Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Spotify. Need help? Email us.
Truett’s Chick-fil-A Sports Report: Sports
Rome Braves bounce back big, win 7-2 over West Virginia.
-Rematch tonight, Tuesday on the road.
Darlington opens high school football scrimmage season on Thursday followed by Coosa, Model, Pepperell, Calhoun and Rockmart Friday. Rome’s Soap Game also returns.
Falcons at Dolphins Thursday night.
Links to fall football:
-John McClellan’s podcast on what to expect this fall in high school football.
-High school schedules.
-Colleges: Berry, Shorter, UGA and Tech.
Hometown Headlines Broadcasts: No ‘decaf’ local talk radio here.
- Presidential sweepstakes: Dr. Frank Stephenson of Berry College offers a look at the 20 (or so) Democrats in the hunt to challenge Republican incumbent Donald Trump. Says Stephenson: They’re in for a tough fight
- Eric McDowell on the escalating battle to keep Sleep Inn out of Summerville Park — and how to help.
- Carol Morgan of Denim Marketing of Cartersville was among the first to champion Facebook as a critical tool for her clients.
- City Commissioner Wendy Davis with millions of dollars worth of reasons why the 2020 Census is critical. Plus: Fall commission elections.
- A preview of the 2019 high school football season with John McClellan.
- Also this month: Additional interviews with our colleagues at Brand Red Studios in Rome.
- Newscasts: An audio version of today’s headlines with a rant or two. Posts weekdays between 7 and 7:30 a.m.
- How to listen: Subscribe to our podcasts at Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Spotify, Anchor, Google Podcasts, Breaker, Overcast and Radio Public. Click Broacasts.
- Need help finding our broadcasts? Please email email@example.com