Listen by clicking the above arrow or even easier, click here.
Please consider this an early version of what we hope to grow into a larger edition of The News Roundtable.
- We’re recapping the top stories of the past seven days as decided by you. We look at both the “hits” we received on Hometown Headlines each day as well as the Facebook numbers. We also provide brief updates to those stories if they’ve advanced a bit since first reported on Hometown Headlines.
- We also recap our Druck Report interviews of the week, one with Todd Wofford and Jim Alred of Rome Floyd Parks & Rec as well as another with Jay Shell of Rome City Brewing Co. Both are available on our website and on any of the nine podcast platforms we frequent. All are free and on demand.
- We record our long-form interviews in the podcast center at Brand Red Studios in downtown Rome.
We close with what’s on our news radar for the week ahead — and we’re in for a busy week.
Thanks for joining us and have a great weekend in Northwest Georgia.
FOLLOW OUR FREE INTERVIEWS & NEWSCASTS
- Weekday newscasts: The latest headlines, a rant or two, Peaks & Valleys. Around eight minutes each, available between 7 and 8 a.m.
- The Druck Report: Our long-form interviews, now called The Druck Report and produced by our colleagues at Brand Red Studios in downtown Rome. All available on demand:
- Jay Shell on the explosive growth of Rome City Brewing Co. on Broad Street and what’s brewing.
- Todd Wofford and Jim Alred from Rome Floyd Parks & Rec. As changes continue, what’s ahead for the thousands using area parks, trails and rec programs.
- Carol Morgan of Denim Marketing of Cartersville was among the first to champion Facebook as a critical tool for her clients.
- City Commissioner Wendy Davis with millions of dollars worth of reasons why the 2020 Census is critical. Plus: Fall commission elections.
- A preview of the 2019 high school football season with John McClellan.
How to listen for free (and we’re here to help you start):
- Follow our podcasts at Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Spotify, Anchor, Google Podcasts, Breaker, Overcast and Radio Public. Need help subscribing? Just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org