Listen by clicking the above arrow or even easier, click here.
They started with a “four-barrel” brewing system in downtown Rome. The success for Rome City Brewing Co. was immediate as people wanted it on tap and in take-home growlers.
- Since then, Jay Shell and Dr. Trent Prault have expanded to 20 craft brews as well as a 10-barrel brewing system at 333 Broad St. with a speak-easy-like Tap Room one floor above, open Wednesdays through Sundays.
- They’ve likewise started to distribute both kegs and cans not only in restaurants in downtown Rome but at other locations in North Georgia with more on the way. Area stores likewise carry craft beer canned and freshly brewed on Broad Street.
- From Short Hot Blonde to seasonals such as Oktoberfest and Martha’s Berry, Shell and Prault have a hit on their hands — and welcome competition on the way in Cartersville and Calhoun.
- Get the inside story of a hometown success story, Rome City Brewing Co.
- Jay joined us for this podcast at Brand Red Studios, 4 Bale St. off Fifth Avenue in downtown Rome. We thank Todd LaBerge for another round of solid podcast production.
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR INTERVIEWS & NEWSCASTS
- Weekday newscasts: The latest headlines, a rant or two, Peaks & Valleys. Around eight minutes each, available between 7 and 8 a.m.
- The Druck Report: Topics include putting Facebook to work for your small business, a preview of high school football this fall, changes coming to Rome’s arts scene, the battle for Summerville Park and more. All recorded at our partners, Brand Red Studios in downtown Rome.
- Hometown podcasts are now available on nine podcast platforms, including Apple Podcasts. Go to the iTunes store app, search hhpodcast and click subscribe. You’ll be notified each time we update our podcast library. You also can subscribe at Stitcher. Click here. Other subscription options include Spotify, Anchor, Google Podcasts, Breaker, Overcast, Tune In and Radio Public.